Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Why does my Touch choke on 24-176 and 24-192?

Plays 24-96 without a hitch but much stuttering with higher rez. Touch is ethernet connected to NAS and I am using EDO with an AQ Diamond USB. Can the Touch just not handle the higher rez?

Quote Originally Posted by RadioClash View Post
    Plays 24-96 without a hitch but much stuttering with higher rez. Touch is ethernet connected to NAS and I am using EDO with an AQ Diamond USB. Can the Touch just not handle the higher rez?

What DAC are you using ?

ronnie

More details needed.

Stuttering can be due to one or a combination of factors such as data format (e.g.codec, Flac compression level), network connection/buffering/configuration/loading (e.g. Ethernet direct wired or via powerline or WIFI bridge, other simultaneous users of network such as video), ability of NAS to deliver data in time (higher data rates means quick turnaround between request and response essential), Touch processor load, etc.

What format are the source files being sent to Touch ?
    Are both NAS and Touch wired directly into router ?

Thanks guys, after some settings investigations I got this sorted. I had residual settings from the old days when I was using Soundcheck's Touch Toolbox mod and had the flac files being transcoded on the server rather than the default settings which transcoded on the Touch. This was causing the issue with the higher rez files.