Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doobre
    • May 2017

creamusic.net and duet receiver

What kind of files are these? What file format? Resolution?

Looking at the service I doubt this is a legal site?...
    LMS on win10 pro - 3x radio, 2x Boom, Receiver into Yamaha 3030 AVR, Duet controller, iPeng IOS Remote & Player.
  • doobre
    • May 2017

creamusic.net and duet receiver

Hi all, just wondering if my recently purchased used duet receiver should be able to play the files which I have downloaded from the above site.. My Oppo105D will play them fine, but the SQbox just goes quiet and requires a reboot..?
    I realize this is a pretty exclusive request, but perhaps someone here has tried this themselves..!!
    cheers CD
    LMS on win10 pro - 3x radio, 2x Boom, Receiver into Yamaha 3030 AVR, Duet controller, iPeng IOS Remote & Player.

Comment

• doobre
      • May 2017

Originally posted by mherger
      What kind of files are these? What file format? Resolution?

Looking at the service I doubt this is a legal site?...
      I have been thinking that it has been around for a good ten years or so now, without any warnings or actions being taken that I have heard of.. so not real sure what the story is.. only info I find is that it is based in Russia..!
      BTW there is a huge cross section of formats and bitrates and sample rates..

Anyway:
      regards the receiver unit that comes with the Duet.. I am wondering what files I should expect it to play.?. perhaps that's a better angle to come from.!?

I have also extracted the DTS audio from DVDs, Dolby 5.1 from DVDs, and DTS-MA from blu-rays all saved as multichannel FLAC files, .wav or .dff, sample rates between 44.1 to 192, depths 16 and 24

Oppo plays them all, the receiver only plays the dolby 5.1 in flac... and appears to hangup when any others are attempted, then needs a reboot of the receiver unit..

So can you or anyone else answer my two Q's..
      Q1. is there any chance of the other files playing..?
      Q2. why is the receiver hanging when it can't play a file..?

cheers CD

Comment

• CJS
        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by doobre
        Anyway:
        regards the receiver unit that comes with the Duet. I am wondering what files I should expect it to play.?. perhaps that's a better angle to come from.!?
        I don't own a Squeezebox Duet, so I am no expert. The SB Receiver can play MP3 and FLAC files natively (at least FLAC files with stereo audio) and few other less used formats. But when you install Logitech Media Server (LMS) on a server in your network, you can also play AAC encoded audio. In that case LMS transcodes AAC to (for example) FLAC. Also for playing https radio streams and audio streams from online services you will need LMS. So to make the most of your Squeezebox Duet you will need to run LMS om your network, preferably the most recent 8.2.1 or 8.3.0 version that you can download from http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/

More info on Squeezebox Receiver and Controller:

There is also community firmware for the Controller, but since I don't own a Duet I don't know which are the benefits of using this firmware:
        Last edited by CJS; 2021-12-02, 17:11.
        | LMS 8.5.2 on Linux Mint 21.3 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.2.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | ESP Muse Luxe |

Comment

Working...