Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I installed the OP's version of LMS on my Windows 10 pro desktop
    Logitech Media Server Status
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1627922070 @ Tue Aug 3 11:28:42 WEDT 2021
    Hostname: Cooler-Master
    Server IP Address: 192.168.1.107
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 8664
    Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    Audio::Scan: 1.02
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.068
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
    Total Players Recognized: 1
    No problems connecting the SBT to MSB

Name:  mysqueezebox.png
Views: 62
Size:  57.2 KB

Just running the default Windows Security

Name:  windows default.png
Views: 62
Size:  62.6 KB

ronnie

Hello all,

You inspired me to find a workaround, it was heartwarming to see how much passion the Squeezebox still generates, I love it. I excluded network and firewall issues, I just created a new MSB account and it works normally now. The other one was linked to an old e-mail address I rarely use and can be deleted. I'll anyway PM it to Michael to have a look if he sees something strange with it. I've installed the latest nightly upgrade for LMS, used the new credentials and it doesn't show me the error anymore.

For the sake of completeness, the steps I did and some screenshots you requested:

I tried the credentials on LMS running on a completely different machine: Windows 7 without Bitdefender, but didn't work. The factory reset didn't work. Still, with a browser I could connect to MSB, SBT seemed to be connected to MSB (half connected at least, since favorites were stored on MSB but not on SBT itself), LMS showed a wrong credentials error in the logs, even though the ports were ok and MSB IP address could be resolved:

Name:  20211129_135928 - kopie.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  275.9 KBName:  20211129_140003 - kopie.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  231.2 KBName:  20211129_140100 - kopie.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  240.0 KBName:  Schermafbeelding 2021-11-29 152218.png
Views: 44
Size:  13.4 KB

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by MisterTTT View Post
    I just created a new MSB account and it works normally now. The other one was linked to an old e-mail address I rarely use and can be deleted.
    Tim, are you saying that with the new mysb.com account, everything works now including your favorite visibility fixed?

It's not clear because of your reference to "works normally", does that mean all your problems, or just the login issue?

It will be interesting to find out as this was an interesting one

Jim

Jim, the new mysb.com account solves everything: favorites visibility on Touch and LMS can log in.

Michael saw that there were in fact 2 accounts for the old account email address! Both created > 11 years ago, within a few seconds. Must have been a bug at the time which made this possible. He deleted 1 account, I reset the Touch, logged in with the old account, but then get the same issue again. I now requested a password reset for the old account. Let's see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterTTT View Post
    Jim, the new mysb.com account solves everything: favorites visibility on Touch and LMS can log in.

Michael saw that there were in fact 2 accounts for the old account email address! Both created > 11 years ago, within a few seconds. Must have been a bug at the time which made this possible. He deleted 1 account, I reset the Touch, logged in with the old account, but then get the same issue again. I now requested a password reset for the old account. Let's see if that works.
    great for you! and good to know. The symptoms were so odd, it's good to know that it was a mysb.com issue r=rather than...???

Jim