Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Slim::Networking::Slimproto::slimproto_accept (179) unauthorized host, accept denied:

I switched to a new ISP and afterwards LMS finds no players, not even Squeezelite (I'm using the Local Player plugin). And the server log fills up with the error message in the title above:

Slim::Networking::Slimproto::slimproto_accept (179) unauthorized host, accept denied:

Anyone have an idea why that is? I'm running LMS on a Windows 10 machine and always been using Local Player plugin. I can access internet from the server.

Thanks,

//J.
    //Johan

Windows 10
    LMS 8.0
    Local Player Plugin (Squeezelite)
    Intel Compute Stick

Do you have blocking enabled in Settings/Advanced/Security ?

Maybe your new ISP has supplied a new router and your local IP addresses have changed from something like 192.168.0.xxx to 10.0.0.xxx and some old filtering rules that you had in place no longer work.

However, you are on Windows ... so maybe it has flagged your current IP connection as not being at home - so it is preventing connections.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Thanks for your suggestions. I did have blocking enabled and after turning it off I don't get those error messages.

However, there are something else that is wrong: I had to uninstall and reinstall Local Player plugin in order to see any players. The problems that persists are that only two out of three players are found. And that Material skin no longer works with http://IP-adress:9000/material

All players are on the same network and they're all connected to the same router. I know that I had problems with players coming and going a couple of years ago. Anyone that know what usually is causing this?

Thanks.
    //Johan

Windows 10
    LMS 8.0
    Intel Compute Stick

Does Material work on the Windows LMS system itself if you try http://localhost:9000/material ?

If it does then it shows the skin is working and it is a networking problem.
    Maybe Windows firewall is blocking access (unlikely if remote players are working) - or you are using an incorrect IP address or some subnet issues.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Yes, Material started working out of the blue.

And two players are found - one is the internal Squeezelite and one is an external Squeezebox Touch. The problem is a Chromecast audio that acts as a Squeezebox player. I have a Squeezebox Touch that controls that Chromecast audio. I tried using the ping option in the Touches menu system and it then fails, as it's trying to ping a different ip than the one seen under the Information menu option. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the Chromecast audio not being found. This Touch, that controls the Chromecast audio, seems to be working as it should, apart from it not being able to find the third Player (Chromecast audio). But that Player isn't found from the lms player of the server either.

So, the problem seems to be the Chromecast Audio acting as a Squeezebox player. That Chromecast audio is being seen as a network device in my router. And, it's definitely on the same network as the other two players. I turned off 5 ghz in my router.

What I also should mention is that this missing second Chromecast audio was once found, and that was after the first uninstall/reinstall of the Local Player plugin. But I've tried numerous uninstall/reinstalls after that and it's never been seen since.
    //Johan

Windows 10
    LMS 8.0
    Intel Compute Stick

Feels like progress.

What do the logs of the LMS Chomecast Bridge show (these are logs in the plugin not the LMS logs)?
    Paul Webster

This is the weirdest. The Chromebridge plugin had been uninstalled! Along with Autorescan, Spotty, Community firmware, Playlist Manager and maybe a few more, I haven't gone through the whole list. How is this even possible? I haven't touched the server during switching of the ISP. This is easily one of the weirdest experiences dealing with the LMS eco system

But, music is now playing again And I guess that is all that counts...
    //Johan

Windows 10
    LMS 8.0
    Intel Compute Stick