Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Devices rebooting

Hi

I have got a problem, new to me. My devises reboot suddenly in the middle of a tune.....

Info:
    LMS 8.2.0 on Windows 10, about 1,5 year old server, only running LMS and as a file server. Ethernet.

Transporter, Ethernet, Firmware 87
    Classic, Ethernet, Firmware 137
    Radio, Ethernet, Firmware 7.7.3-r16676 (Is testing it right now, so far 16 tunes has been played without any problem, the Transporter and the Classic can't play that much before rebooting. Typical 4-7 tunes.)
    Now in testing "mode" all devices in the same switch. All devices running cabled and with fixed ip address, the router takes care of the DNS.

Most, 98%, of my "database" is from 2006 and forward, all scanned (EAC) to FLAC by myself, the rest is music I have bought or produced my self.

First I thought the problem was due to changing my 2 switches, from Netgear GS608 to D-Link DGS-1100-08v2, and a new router (Teltonika RUT950). But no, after installing the old Netgear switch and all devices in the same switch the problem is still the same. The server of course have been rebooted several times by me.

Have any of you had the same problem? Solved it? Any idea?

All the best
    Anders

Quote Originally Posted by rip59 View Post
    Hi

I have got a problem, new to me. My devises reboot suddenly in the middle of a tune.....

Info:
    LMS 8.2.0 on Windows 10, about 1,5 year old server, only running LMS and as a file server. Ethernet.

Transporter, Ethernet, Firmware 87
    Classic, Ethernet, Firmware 137
    Radio, Ethernet, Firmware 7.7.3-r16676 (Is testing it right now, so far 16 tunes has been played without any problem, the Transporter and the Classic can't play that much before rebooting. Typical 4-7 tunes.)
    Now in testing "mode" all devices in the same switch. All devices running cabled and with fixed ip address, the router takes care of the DNS.

Most, 98%, of my "database" is from 2006 and forward, all scanned (EAC) to FLAC by myself, the rest is music I have bought or produced my self.

First I thought the problem was due to changing my 2 switches, from Netgear GS608 to D-Link DGS-1100-08v2, and a new router (Teltonika RUT950). But no, after installing the old Netgear switch and all devices in the same switch the problem is still the same. The server of course have been rebooted several times by me.

Have any of you had the same problem? Solved it? Any idea?

All the best
    Anders
    Rebooting such as you describe is usually a sign of PSU failure. I've needed to purchase new PSUs for my Classic & Touch.

Transporter power supplies available.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...nsporter/page2
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Rebooting such as you describe is usually a sign of PSU failure. I've needed to purchase new PSUs for my Classic & Touch.

Transporter power supplies available.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...nsporter/page2
    yes, this simple plug in cheap replacement solved my Transporter problem.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify