Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Frequently buffering, cannot connect to server LMS v8.2.0 SIMPLE ANSWERS ONLY PLEASE

Have not changed my WiFi unit, location, or radio location.

Since latest update my music is frequently interrupted. Sometimes it picks up where it left off, or goes to the next song or beyond. Control of the unit through the knobs and buttons has severe lag.

I have read a lot of posts with complicated answers how to possibly improve the situation. Unfortunately, as a non-hacker enthusiast, this does me no good. I just want to listen to music without interruptions.

Can anyone provide a simple, no-risk solution that will take me back to the days when the software worked correctly?

A downgrade or patch that someone with no special skills can implement?

I appreciate your help!

Quote Originally Posted by EngrPaul View Post
    Have not changed my WiFi unit, location, or radio location.

Since latest update my music is frequently interrupted. Sometimes it picks up where it left off, or goes to the next song or beyond. Control of the unit through the knobs and buttons has severe lag.

I have read a lot of posts with complicated answers how to possibly improve the situation. Unfortunately, as a non-hacker enthusiast, this does me no good. I just want to listen to music without interruptions.

Can anyone provide a simple, no-risk solution that will take me back to the days when the software worked correctly?

A downgrade or patch that someone with no special skills can implement?

I appreciate your help!
    Have you tried obvious things like restarting LMS or rebooting your server? It doesn't appear to be a general issue.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EngrPaul View Post
    This feels like LMS is tied up doing some other task (e.g. scanning) and it hasn't completed when you try to play music - so CPU is very busy.

IS LMS a top CPU user on your system ?

Did you upgrade to 8.2.0 or from 8.2.0. The underlying OS, original and current LMS version details may help identify any bug or plugins which may be the issue.

i can sympathize

EngrPaul, I too was having similar issues. After downgrading to various different versions, switching from a linux server to a Windows server, and various other troubleshooting techniques, once I switched to a wired connection all my problems went away. The odd thing was that i was not really seeing any errors in any of the logs. I managed to restore my wifi capability with the use of a VONETS VAP11G-300. Its a little box that gets its power from the Boom's powersupply and then has an adaptor that fits in the booms power jack in the back. The setup of that device was a little weird but i got it working. Anyway, the only thing I suspect is that neighbor recently installed a wifi6 mesh system and that seems to be interfering with my Boom. I dont know why.

Anyway, if you tell us what version of the server you are running (windows, linux, unraid etc.) I am sure some fine folks here could help you downgrade to the requisite version.

Most of the old versions can be found here:

https://downloads.slimdevices.com/