Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yellow light on receiver, but working fine.

I bought a used Duet and have just setup to test. Everything seems to be fine and it connects to LMS via WiFi ( LMS run by Docker on Synology NAS). Playback is fine, but the indicator light stays yellow even though LMS says it's signal strength is 97%. Is the yellow light normal or should I consider returning the item?

Quote Originally Posted by sharkfist View Post
    I bought a used Duet and have just setup to test. Everything seems to be fine and it connects to LMS via WiFi ( LMS run by Docker on Synology NAS). Playback is fine, but the indicator light stays yellow even though LMS says it's signal strength is 97%. Is the yellow light normal or should I consider returning the item?
    Just a quick update. When powering on the receiver the sequence of the light indicator is red, yellow, green, light yellow. I'm just wondering if the light yellow is supposed to be white?

Just a quick update. When powering on the receiver the sequence of the light indicator is red, yellow, green, light yellow. I'm just wondering if the light yellow is supposed to be white?
    I think it must be. If it really was yellow it wouldn't be connected to Wifi.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I had same dilemma when got mine 2nd hand receiver.. Now I'm pretty sure originally light was white when new, but due to plastic aging or similar it has changed its shade and appeares as different colour.. It's more orange then yellow in my case..

Anyway nothing to worry about..just cosmetics..

Ps mine 2nd hand receiver has really poor intermittent WiFi and dodgy ethernet socket. It took me ages of head scratching to understand what's going on.
    Still streams well when handled with care.
    Last edited by Jaca; 2021-11-15 at 04:10.
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaca View Post
    I had same dilemma when got mine 2nd hand receiver.. Now I'm pretty sure originally light was white when new, but due to plastic aging or similar it has changed its shade and appeares as different colour.. It's more orange then yellow in my case..

Anyway nothing to worry about..just cosmetics..

Ps mine 2nd hand receiver has really poor intermittent WiFi and dodgy ethernet socket. It took me ages of head scratching to understand what's going on.
    Still streams well when handled with care.
    Thanks for the replies. Makes me feel a bit better. It is in generally mint condition otherwise. If I can just get a SB3/Classic at a reasonable price....

Thanks for the replies. Makes me feel a bit better. It is in generally mint condition otherwise. If I can just get a SB3/Classic at a reasonable price....
    You could also build a PiCorePlayer which will work every bet as well as a SB3. These are stupid easy to build and configure.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.2.1 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets ( both WiFi, farthest unit gets 60% signal strength and always works since new power supply) and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.2.1 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B (WiFi) /Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Let me chime in

I own allot of receivers, two in use, many in storage, and have reset them many several times

The white does look "light/pale yellow", The yellow is very "vibrant" yellow. I tried to take a picture, but could not really capture the color.

I think the receiver is fine as a general purpose player, but in my experience requires either ethernet or a very strong wifi connection.

Jim

On my receiver as I see the sequence - red, green , yellow , dim white. I think you are calling "dim white" "light yellow".

At low level of brightness some colours are hard to distinguish and age of components mightn't help.

Years ago, I worked on a PC application which displayed a system log in colours - Yellow was one. Customer complained could only see brown text, never yellow - turned out brightness on old CRT monitor was set very low.

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    You could also build a PiCorePlayer which will work every bet as well as a SB3. These are stupid easy to build and configure.
    Are there any instructions/guidance you could provide links to?

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    I own allot of receivers, two in use, many in storage, and have reset them many several times

The white does look "light/pale yellow", The yellow is very "vibrant" yellow. I tried to take a picture, but could not really capture the color.

I think the receiver is fine as a general purpose player, but in my experience requires either ethernet or a very strong wifi connection.

Jim
    Mine's about 10 feet from the wireless AC mesh point so signal is as good as it's going to get