Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Powernode 2i with Squeezebox

I am using a Powernode 2 in order to stop my children from harrassing me and my oldfashioned ways. But I am seriously considering to unbox my old amplifier from its life in a dark box in the basement. Unless … someone here have had success in pairing my long missed Squeezebox with Powernode.

It may sound strange, but I do want to stream music from Squeezebox to Powernode.

This means using Powernode in two ways:

As it is supposed to work and as a simple oldfashioned amplifier.

The reason is my oldfashioned ways.

I like to have my own music, ripped and qualified with stars and stripes, so that I can make dynamic playlists – e.g. ’Female jazz queens’ (jazz, five stars, female) – that I can shuffle together with others dynamic playlists – e.g. ’Scandinavian acoustic jazz’ (jazz, five stars, instrumental, scandinavian). Hence the lists will grow or shrink according to my current feelings about the songs.

I can do that by setting up a server streaming those dynamic lists. but here is what I cannot do:

I want to mix saind dynamic playlists mixed with the unknown.

In my old life with Squeezebox and an oldfashioned amplifier I could go to Spotify, look for a song from one of the dynamic playlists. Find the song mixed in somebody’s playlist and add that stranger’s playlist to my choice of music. Still playing my evergreens, but now with surprises included at random.

I have not the slightest clue about how this could be done, but I would be very grateful.

Have a nice weekend/Torben

If it's anything like the Sonos Amp that it copied, it should be a UPnP target for the LMS UPnP/DLNA plugin. Install the plugin, which should find the Powernode if so.
    piTouch™ w/JustBoom DigiHat -> RME ADI-2 DAC FS -> JBL 305P MkII monitors; LMS 8.2 on piCorePlayer/Pi 4; Material Skin.

I don't think that BluOS supports DLNA/UPnP. Powernode 2i has both analog and optical inputs so you could connect your SB that way. Pretty sure you'd need LMS with Spotify plugin to be running somewhere on your network to do what you've described.

Powernode 2i with Squeezebox

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    I don't think that BluOS supports DLNA/UPnP. Powernode 2i has both analog and optical inputs so you could connect your SB that way. Pretty sure you'd need LMS with Spotify plugin to be running somewhere on your network to do what you've described.
    It has AirPlay 2, so I guess it supports AirPlay 1 as well and you can use my AirPlay bridge then.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    At last I had time to try this optical connection out. Had to find an adapter but then it worked instantly! Much obliged, dear Apesbrain
    /Torben