Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox radio's connexted to mysqueezebox.com do not switch back to server...

Hi, I am having trouble with 2 Squeezebox radio's in my house, running 7.7.3 rf6676 which are connected to mysqueezebox.com. There are also other systems in my house (touch / classic and another radio) which are connected to my LMS 8 server.

I am trying to reconnect the 2 radio's to my home server, but the server can not be found (My Music -> To enable "My Music", download the Logitech Media software from... message.

The media server is running the 8.x software, so maybe it has something to do with the bug not able to connect to LMS 8. I checked the other radio which is succesfully connected to my home server and I see the patches to fix the 8 bug problem are installed.

So I installed LMS 7.x on different machine, but still no server is found. I did a repair network on the device, but still nothing. A firewall problem should not be the case, because the other systems work just fine.

What to do next ;-(

Thanks in advance.

Gr,
    Mark

Have you tried first, to disconnect the Radios from msbox ?

Name:  disconnect.png
Views: 69
Size:  95.5 KB

ronnie

Check some basics.
    * check the IP address of the LMS server and the IP addresses of the Radios to make sure broadcast messages are possible.
    * Are the two problem radio connected to network differently to working radio (e.g. using an extender) which might be blocking broadcast*
    * Can the problem radios be manually connected to LMS server (i.e. enter IP address of server into Radio).

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Have you tried first, to disconnect the Radios from msbox ?

Name:  disconnect.png
Views: 69
Size:  95.5 KB

ronnie
    Disconnecting from mysqueezebox is not possible (keep hitting the button), so I turned the radio off and then removed (deleted) it from Mysqueezebox completly.
    Turned the radio on and it connects directly to mysqueezebox again. Only thing is: it's not being recognised anymore by mysqueezebox...

The other radio does the same: it plays music from I guess mysqueezebox but no visible trace of the system being connected..

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Check some basics.
    * check the IP address of the LMS server and the IP addresses of the Radios to make sure broadcast messages are possible.
    * Are the two problem radio connected to network differently to working radio (e.g. using an extender) which might be blocking broadcast*
    * Can the problem radios be manually connected to LMS server (i.e. enter IP address of server into Radio).
    I used to work perfectly, they all connect to the same WIFI on the same router. Adding the IP address manualy: how / where ???

Quote Originally Posted by Lupker View Post
    Adding the IP address manualy: how / where ???
    On your Radio > Settings > Advanced > Networking > Remote Libraries > Add new library.
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/Pi screen/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DAC HAT > Edifier
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Rpi4/pCP/AP mode > Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    On your Radio > Settings > Advanced > Networking > Remote Libraries > Add new library.
    Yes that did the trick. Radio could'nt discover a server for itself somehow, but entering the IP to the old LMS 7.x worked. Then installed the fix and then entered the IP to the new LMS 8.x and it's all working again.

Thanks for your help!

Gr,
    Mark