Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezebox153 View Post
    All of them have static IP's and work fine from my dashboard. The only thing I need to do is get the primary player to manage the other players.

https://i.imgur.com/KNIqoSg.png
    If the primary player is always the same one just have LMS on that one and leave the other two as players.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

All of them have static IP's and work fine from my dashboard. The only thing I need to do is get the primary player to manage the other players.

Do you power off your three players when they are not in use, or do you leave them on?

If you do power them off, would you be willing to leave one of them on all the time, instead?
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    Do you power off your three players when they are not in use, or do you leave them on?

If you do power them off, would you be willing to leave one of them on all the time, instead?
    The players are always on but reboot nightly.

I was able to have the primary player curl the JSONRPC API after reboot and add the secondary players:

Code:
    curl -X POST -d'{"id":0,"method":"slim.request","params":["",["disconnect","b8:27:eb:29:f4:d7","172.16.0.243"]]}' http://172.16.0.241:9000/jsonrpc.js
    Thanks @kidstypike for the support
    Last edited by squeezebox153; 2021-11-08 at 12:53.

I fear having multiple LMS servers may cause you more problems than it solves.

I would have thought synched players need to be on the same LMS.

Slartibartfast has already given you excellent advice. Just to elaborate a bit, in order to do what you want to do, all players need to be connected to the same server. That is, the same instance of LMS. Having LMS running on all your installations of piCorePlayer is just confusing matters.

Here's a view of my Players drop-down list in Material (in my case on a desktop instead of the mobile version):

Name:  lms-material-players.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  29.6 KB

There are eight standard players and two group players. LMS is running on the Raspberry Pi named Baskerville at the top of the list, and nowhere else. It stays on all the time. I can use any one of the eight standard players independently of the others. Each one could be playing something different. Or I could select the group player, All-player-sync, and have the same thing playing on all of them (assuming they are all powered on).

Isn't that what you want?

There's one remaining thing you want, and I am utterly clueless about it: making this work from your automation dashboard. Can you select a player from the dashboard? If so, it should be possible to set up your dashboard so you can choose to use an individual player or a group player. But if not, you will probably have to continue to use LMS (through the Material skin on you phone, as in your screenshot) to choose an individual player or a group.
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    Isn't that what you want?
    I have 3 raspberry pi's each running picore & a LMS. Each RPi has a dedicated amplifier. My dashboard runs via SmartThings to orchestrate the player commands. I can now run independently & synchronized.

Perhaps I could get away with 1 LMS but I achieved what I needed.

I have 3 raspberry pi's each running picore & a LMS. Each RPi has a dedicated amplifier. My dashboard runs via SmartThings to orchestrate the player commands. I can now run independently & synchronized.

Perhaps I could get away with 1 LMS but I achieved what I needed.
    As long as it's working the way you want, that's great!