Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    @[URL="https://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?72240-Avinunca"]Avinunca[/URL

For France Musique you may need this in the Additional Repositories box at the bottom of the Plugins page

http://bpa-code.github.io/bpaplugins...playhls-v2.xml

Though the mp3 stream should play without the addition of the repository.

The Dac is a unique model, more research needed

ronnie
    The audio format AAC vs MP3 of the input shouldn't matter as the SBT will deocde into PCM.

If the DAC has a problem with sample 44.1kHz vs 48Khz rate - then BBC will show this up - but other stream should play OK. To check on the HLS issue - post the specific URL of the problem France Musique stream.

If there is an issues about sample size - SBT always sends same number of bits so again input format shouldn't matter.

It is possible that LMS player delay settings which inject "silence" might cause problems as DAC tries to change sample rate from the "silence" rate to the audio stream.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The audio format AAC vs MP3 of the input shouldn't matter as the SBT will deocde into PCM.

If the DAC has a problem with sample 44.1kHz vs 48Khz rate - then BBC will show this up - but other stream should play OK. To check on the HLS issue - post the specific URL of the problem France Musique stream.

If there is an issues about sample size - SBT always sends same number of bits so again input format shouldn't matter.

It is possible that LMS player delay settings which inject "silence" might cause problems as DAC tries to change sample rate from the "silence" rate to the audio stream.
    Using SBT dac - BBC Sounds and France Musique channels work fine. The latter works ok with AAC and MP3 but not HLS. SQ is good so no bother.
    Using Ordinal Dac neither work but I hear instead scratchy tone.

https://www.francemusique.fr/radios-...classique-easy
    Last edited by Avinunca; 2021-11-25 at 12:45.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    What was the outcome of this issue you had 5 years ago?
    https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/top...e-with-my-dac/

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I cannot recall the outcome. I may have just stopped using the SBT.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 19.48.29.png
Views: 42
Size:  37.3 KB
    Nothing unusual in system info.
    For completeness - what are the settings for AAC under WebUI Settings/Advanced/Filetypes.

Please confirm the BBC Stream play OK when listened through analog connections (Phono or headphone) of SBT ?
    BBC fine at analogue outputs of SBT.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinunca View Post
    BBC fine at analogue outputs of SBT.
    Since audio plays OK with analogue - the issue is in compatibility between SBT and DAC.

What internet streams work OK with the DAC connected to SBT

Can you give the URLs of the station that work.

What are the settings for the player in WebUI Settings/Player/Audio
    Are all the crossfade settings disabled/off ?

Since audio plays OK with analogue - the issue is in compatibility between SBT and DAC.

What internet streams work OK with the DAC connected to SBT

Can you give the URLs of the station that work.

What are the settings for the player in WebUI Settings/Player/Audio
    Are all the crossfade settings disabled/off ?
    I tried Absolute Radio 80s - ok. When I switched to it from France Musique which was bad I heard a relay operate in the dac.
    Smart crossfeed was enabled. No difference after changing it.Name:  Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 22.19.39.png
Views: 38
Size:  157.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Avinunca View Post
    I tried Absolute Radio 80s - ok. When I switched to it from France Musique which was bad I heard a relay operate in the dac.
    Smart crossfeed was enabled. No difference after changing it.Name:  Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 22.19.39.png
Views: 38
Size:  157.9 KB
    If Crossfade was set to "none" then changing the Smart Crossfade setting makes no difference.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I have no idea if installing lame will help, but why not try ?

have a read from this post

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post719019

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I have no idea if installing lame will help, but why not try ?
    If by disabling native and transcoding AAC to force use MP3 (using lame) make the stream playable it means there is a side effect in the conversion (e.g. sample format such as S24le vs s16le) as the encoded samples (AAC or MP3 ) do not reach the DAC.

It seems to me that the 48kHz capability of the DAC is not working. A few years ago I remember a user with a secondhand SB3 with a similar issues and it turned out the SB3 was modded and crystal for 48Khz was disconnected. If a relay is involved for 48Khz - then it is possible the DAC's 48kHz supporting circuit is broken.

OP should confirm that DAC can still plays 48kHz audio to determine if the problem is an SBT incompatibility or a DAC h/w issue.

AFAIK LMS sends 24 bits stream to DAC no matter whether AAC / MP3 or 44.1Khz or 48Khz. I believe 16 bit sample source are padded to 24 bits. However my knowledge on this is limited (and possibly wrong) so somebody else can provide a definitive answer.