Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS Can't find Playlists after Computer Switch

I searched this forum and couldn't find an answer on point. I just upgraded from a 2012 Mac desktop to a 2021 Mac desktop. My music library is on iTunes, now Music. My playlists did not transfer from the old Mac, probably because it crashed and I had to have the music transfer directly from the old hard drive. I was able to transfer my music, however. I had to create new playlists. My music shows up in LMS, but my new playlists do not. I cannot find the playlists on the new hard drive connected to my new computer(which is where I store the music now); however, they do exist in iTunes and Music and can be played there.

I am using two Duet receivers and iPeng, although I needed to use the Duet controller (which has a difficult-to-view screen) for setting up LMS to use on my stereo.

I would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations as to how to get my new playlists recognized by LMS.

Thanks.

In the old days the iTunes library was readily available in an XML file - but Apple changed this a while ago and I think it now requires an explicit export from iTunes and that is, currently, not performed by LMS so you have to do the export by hand ... somewhere in the iTunes interface - and then make sure that LMS is looking at the same file.

I am not certain that this is the problem - but it might well be.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    In the old days the iTunes library was readily available in an XML file - but Apple changed this a while ago and I think it now requires an explicit export from iTunes and that is, currently, not performed by LMS so you have to do the export by hand ... somewhere in the iTunes interface - and then make sure that LMS is looking at the same file.

I am not certain that this is the problem - but it might well be.
    Thanks. Paul. I did export the playlists from iTunes and placed them in a Playlists file the iTunes files, as well as pointing LMS to that files, but that didn't work, even with a rescan and even with moving the files around in the Music iTunes folders.

Not sure what the next step might be.

Dan McInerney

Do they playlist titles appear when you select playlists?

I had a issue a while back when I started using a Macbook. LMS (on a MacMini) could see the playlist, but no tracks would display. The paths were correct.
    Someone on the internet somewhere had a solution - I had to change the text format in the .m3u file to plain text as they were rich text (or was it the other way around)

Quote Originally Posted by stereoptic View Post
    Do they playlist titles appear when you select playlists?

I had a issue a while back when I started using a Macbook. LMS (on a MacMini) could see the playlist, but no tracks would display. The paths were correct.
    Someone on the internet somewhere had a solution - I had to change the text format in the .m3u file to plain text as they were rich text (or was it the other way around)
    Thank you. Tried that and it didn't work. I chose to recreate the playlists using Peng. That was tedious, but worked