Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Installing Squeezebox

It has been 7 years since i installed squeezebox, just checking if i do things right.
    I have a new win 11 pc.
    I am not sure what steps i should take to install.

I dl LMS 8.2 but i see a thread "Squeezebox Radio would not connect to LMS 8: "Update required" , 12 pages.
    is this still valid?do i have to instal v 7 , patch and then install 8?

What else do i have to do?
    I already have the pref file backed up

Installing Squeezebox

> I dl LMS 8.2 but i see a thread "Squeezebox Radio would not connect to
    > LMS 8: "Update required" , 12 pages.
    > is this still valid?do i have to instal v 7 , patch and then install 8?

Just go ahead. I've added some code to deal with this in LMS8. And
    there's a patch available for the Radio which would get rid of the
    warning. Or you'd install the community firmware. But none of this is
    srictly required.

Installing went ok, apart from windows defender and fw getting in the way a few times.
    The radio didn't acquire wireless signal, even after several reboots, only after removing the power for a minute was the connection made.

In LMS settings the "player" was empty, so i went to " home" and at the top right i could choose " squeezebox radio", in "settings" the radio is there but my presets on the radio are gone and i can only listen to radio via the web interface.
    I must be missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by bobb View Post
    In LMS settings the "player" was empty, so i went to " home" and at the top right i could choose " squeezebox radio", in "settings" the radio is there but my presets on the radio are gone and i can only listen to radio via the web interface.
    I must be missing something?
    Presets are stored in LMS prefs, not the Radio. Easy way to set a preset is to ‘long press’ the preset button on the Radio when it’s playing the stream.

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    Presets are stored in LMS prefs, not the Radio. Easy way to set a preset is to ‘long press’ the preset button on the Radio when it’s playing the stream.
    When i installed LMS on this new pc i didn't paste the " old" prefs file, and was surprised my radio presets were there, i am meaning the ‘long press’ presets.
    i can set them new but why are they gone after choosing " squeezebox radio"?

When i installed LMS on this new pc i didn't paste the " old" prefs file, and was surprised my radio presets were there, i am meaning the ‘long press’ presets.
    Where were the Radio presets in LMS?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Possibly your Radio was connected to MySqueezebox in the cloud, and not your local LMS. MySqueezebox also keeps its own set of presets. When you chose the Radio in your local LMS, the Radio then uses LMS, and looks to LMS for its presets.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Where were the Radio presets in LMS?

As far as i know these presets were just on the radio.

As far as i know these presets were just on the radio.
    I think @mrw has the answer in his post.

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    Possibly your Radio was connected to MySqueezebox in the cloud, and not your local LMS. MySqueezebox also keeps its own set of presets. When you chose the Radio in your local LMS, the Radio then uses LMS, and looks to LMS for its presets.
    It is really confusing, if i am in LMS having a station playing ( and also on the radio) i can't long press a button to set a preset.
    I have to find and play a station in the radio,only then can i long press and set a preset.