Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gregavi
    • Feb 2010

Does Duet play 24 bit

Does the Duet Support 16- and 24-bit audio with a sampling rate of up to 96 kHz like my Touch does?
    Also, I might purchase a used Duet that does not come with the remote. Is the remote necessary if I use IPeng and Logitech Media Server to control it?
    Thanks in advance.
  • Redrum
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Gregavi
    Does the Duet Support 16- and 24-bit audio with a sampling rate of up to 96 kHz like my Touch does?
    Also, I might purchase a used Duet that does not come with the remote. Is the remote necessary if I use IPeng and Logitech Media Server to control it?
    Thanks in advance.
    96kHz - I don't think so, but others might chime in.

Do you mean the "controller" half of the duet system (duet = receiver + controller)? No and Yes. You need something (controller or UDAP) to get the receiver setup, but once setup, you can control it with ipeng, LMS UI, material, etc.

I have always use the controller to get the receiver setup, but others have used UDAP. https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...highlight=udap . I have zero experience with it.

Jim

Comment

• garym
      • May 2008

I recall that the duet max is 24/48. Same for Radio and SB3. Touch and Transporter will play 24/96.
      Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
      Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
      Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
      The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
      Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
      Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

Working...