Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,622

    Home Assistant and Squeezebox CLI

    > file://LMS_IP_ADDRESS:9000/mnt/SAMBA_SHARE_PATH/PLAYLIST_FOLDER/PLAYLIST_FILE.m3u

    Did that work? You shouldn't need the address and port in file URLs. But
    whatever works :-)


  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Haha... that would have been my next comment: you need to fix the playlist name. It needs to be a file:// url as seen from your LMS. Eg. file:///homes/you/Playlists/80s.m3u. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know of an easy way to get to that URL. But I guess you get how they're created?
    Many thanks for your sage advice and gentle prodding... I'm about to embark on a strange and wonderful quest to get under the skin of all who foolishly venture into this sonic abode unprepared.

    You. Are. Awesome!

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by malpeli View Post
    Many thanks for your sage advice and gentle prodding... I'm about to embark on a strange and wonderful quest to get under the skin of all who foolishly venture into this sonic abode unprepared.

    You. Are. Awesome!

    malpeli,

    Now that you're dug into this HA - LMS integration, maybe you can tell me how it might be possible to access LMS Apps from HA so I can get to my streaming sources from within the HA media player card. Or if Apps is not doable, at the very least get to LMS favorites from HA. HA can browse the native media by artist, track, and genre as well as get at playlists , but I haven't found a way to get at Favorites or Apps for selecting streaming services.

    Any idea there?

    PG

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGeno View Post
    malpeli,

    Now that you're dug into this HA - LMS integration, maybe you can tell me how it might be possible to access LMS Apps from HA so I can get to my streaming sources from within the HA media player card. Or if Apps is not doable, at the very least get to LMS favorites from HA. HA can browse the native media by artist, track, and genre as well as get at playlists , but I haven't found a way to get at Favorites or Apps for selecting streaming services.

    Any idea there?

    PG
    Let me probe the infinite nether regions of my LMS server and see what I can uncover... My fiercest magic wand in hand, obviously...

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    12
    The best I can do so far is point a squeezebox to the stream URL... I've now got an automation that turns on my amplifier and switches the input to my Squeezebox Touch whenever I trip the following script...

    Code:
    alias: ABC Radio Perth SB Touch
    sequence:
      - service: squeezebox.call_method
        target:
          entity_id: media_player.living_room
        data:
          command: playlist
          parameters:
            - play
            - http://www.abc.net.au/res/streaming/audio/mp3/local_perth.pls
    mode: single
    icon: mdi:radio
    The automation triggers another script that turns on my dumb Cambridge Audio amp via a Broadlink RM4 Mini and switches the input to the Touch regardless of the state of the CA amp. I only use two inputs, the Touch and the Google Chromecast but you could easily tweak this code for many more inputs

    Code:
    alias: Choose Squeezebox Cambridge Audio
    sequence:
      - choose:
          - conditions:
              - condition: state
                entity_id: input_boolean.cambridge_audio
                state: 'off'
              - condition: not
                conditions:
                  - condition: state
                    entity_id: input_select.cambridge_audio_inputs
                    state: Squeezebox
            sequence:
              - service: script.cambridge_audio_select_squeezebox
          - conditions:
              - condition: state
                entity_id: input_boolean.cambridge_audio
                state: 'on'
              - condition: not
                conditions:
                  - condition: state
                    entity_id: input_select.cambridge_audio_inputs
                    state: Squeezebox
            sequence:
              - service: script.cambridge_audio_select_squeezebox
          - conditions:
              - condition: state
                entity_id: input_boolean.cambridge_audio
                state: 'off'
              - condition: state
                entity_id: input_select.cambridge_audio_inputs
                state: Squeezebox
            sequence:
              - service: script.cambridge_audio_select_squeezebox
        default: []
    mode: single
    icon: mdi:music
    The input booleans and selects get triggered with the Broadlink commands, such as...

    Code:
    alias: Cambridge Audio select squeezebox
    sequence:
      - service: remote.send_command
        target:
          entity_id: remote.lounge_blaster_remote
        data:
          command: squeezebox
          device: cambridge_audio
      - service: input_select.select_option
        data:
          option: Squeezebox
        target:
          entity_id: input_select.cambridge_audio_inputs
      - service: input_boolean.turn_on
        target:
          entity_id: input_boolean.cambridge_audio
    mode: single
    icon: mdi:music
    When it comes to in-app radio selection triggers, the CLI page does have directions for such expert-level wizardry... I used to have a Digitally Imported account for emergency party situations but that was 10 years ago... Have you tried emailing your preferred app devs for hints?

    And if anyone with Pearl credentials is reading this, please... Please... PLEASE write a Twitch audio stream plugin for us near-mortals... SoundCloud just doesn't have the DJ draw that it used to. I demand DJ live stream wizardry or on strike I shall go! See if I don't...

    Wizards of the world unite, you only have your wands to lose!

  6. #16
    Senior Member bakker_be's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kwaadmechelen, Belgium
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGeno View Post
    malpeli,

    Now that you're dug into this HA - LMS integration, maybe you can tell me how it might be possible to access LMS Apps from HA so I can get to my streaming sources from within the HA media player card. Or if Apps is not doable, at the very least get to LMS favorites from HA. HA can browse the native media by artist, track, and genre as well as get at playlists , but I haven't found a way to get at Favorites or Apps for selecting streaming services.

    Any idea there?

    PG
    I have HA running as well, and LMS of course , and I've simply added the Material webpage to a card in the interface
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by malpeli View Post
    The best I can do so far is point a squeezebox to the stream URL... I've now got an automation that turns on my amplifier and switches the input to my Squeezebox Touch whenever I trip the following script...

    Code:
    alias: ABC Radio Perth SB Touch
    sequence:
      - service: squeezebox.call_method
        target:
          entity_id: media_player.living_room
        data:
          command: playlist
          parameters:
            - play
            - http://www.abc.net.au/res/streaming/audio/mp3/local_perth.pls
    mode: single
    icon: mdi:radio
    The automation triggers another script that turns on my dumb Cambridge Audio amp via a Broadlink RM4 Mini and switches the input to the Touch regardless of the state of the CA amp. I only use two inputs, the Touch and the Google Chromecast but you could easily tweak this code for many more inputs

    Code:
    alias: Choose Squeezebox Cambridge Audio
    sequence:
      - choose:
          - conditions:
              - condition: state
                entity_id: input_boolean.cambridge_audio
                state: 'off'
              - condition: not
                conditions:
                  - condition: state
                    entity_id: input_select.cambridge_audio_inputs
                    state: Squeezebox
            sequence:
              - service: script.cambridge_audio_select_squeezebox
          - conditions:
              - condition: state
                entity_id: input_boolean.cambridge_audio
                state: 'on'
              - condition: not
                conditions:
                  - condition: state
                    entity_id: input_select.cambridge_audio_inputs
                    state: Squeezebox
            sequence:
              - service: script.cambridge_audio_select_squeezebox
          - conditions:
              - condition: state
                entity_id: input_boolean.cambridge_audio
                state: 'off'
              - condition: state
                entity_id: input_select.cambridge_audio_inputs
                state: Squeezebox
            sequence:
              - service: script.cambridge_audio_select_squeezebox
        default: []
    mode: single
    icon: mdi:music
    The input booleans and selects get triggered with the Broadlink commands, such as...

    Code:
    alias: Cambridge Audio select squeezebox
    sequence:
      - service: remote.send_command
        target:
          entity_id: remote.lounge_blaster_remote
        data:
          command: squeezebox
          device: cambridge_audio
      - service: input_select.select_option
        data:
          option: Squeezebox
        target:
          entity_id: input_select.cambridge_audio_inputs
      - service: input_boolean.turn_on
        target:
          entity_id: input_boolean.cambridge_audio
    mode: single
    icon: mdi:music
    When it comes to in-app radio selection triggers, the CLI page does have directions for such expert-level wizardry... I used to have a Digitally Imported account for emergency party situations but that was 10 years ago... Have you tried emailing your preferred app devs for hints?

    And if anyone with Pearl credentials is reading this, please... Please... PLEASE write a Twitch audio stream plugin for us near-mortals... SoundCloud just doesn't have the DJ draw that it used to. I demand DJ live stream wizardry or on strike I shall go! See if I don't...

    Wizards of the world unite, you only have your wands to lose!

    I haven't made a run at this for awhile, but your thread stirred up the desire again. I'll have a look at your scripts and see if there is any magic left in my worn out, overused, wands

    Thanks

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    I have HA running as well, and LMS of course , and I've simply added the Material webpage to a card in the interface

    Not exactly a small screen touch friendly solution I was hoping for wife operation (I still use iPeng anyway), but something to consider playing with.

    Thanks

  9. #19
    Senior Member bakker_be's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kwaadmechelen, Belgium
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGeno View Post
    Not exactly a small screen touch friendly solution I was hoping for wife operation (I still use iPeng anyway), but something to consider playing with.

    Thanks
    For me, this works on my phone ...
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    For me, this works on my phone ...
    This actually is turning out to be a very good alternative. The more I play with it, the more I think I can get it in a good enough state for wife usage.

    I'll still use iPeng more often than not, but this is proving to be a much nicer way to integrate LMS into HA than through a media player card.

    Thanks for the tip

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •