Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Problems using two computers on same network

I just installed LMS onto a new laptop and added FLAC files. I want this laptop to run independent from the other computer and do not want to connect any players to it. When I play music, the sound plays on my other computer instead of laptop. When I looked at "Player Info" on laptop it lists a Squeezelite player with an ip address of the other computer. Please let me know How I can fix this?

Thanks,
    Jon
    Last edited by JonSqueeze; 2021-10-22 at 18:32.

Quote Originally Posted by JonSqueeze View Post
    I just installed LMS onto a new laptop and added FLAC files. I want this laptop to run independent from the other computer. When I play music, the sound plays on my other computer. When I looked at "Player Info" on laptop it lists a Squeezelite player with an ip address of the other computer. Please let me know How I can fix this?

Thanks,
    Jon
    Where did you expect music to play? Assuming you want it to play on the same computer with the new LMS installation, do you have Squeezelite installed on that computer? If so, are you certain it's running? You should be able to select the player you want.
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    Where did you expect music to play? Assuming you want it to play on the same computer with the new LMS installation, do you have Squeezelite installed on that computer? If so, are you certain it's running? You should be able to select the player you want.
    Do I want Squeezelite or Squeezelite-X?

Do I want Squeezelite or Squeezelite-X?
    Sorry, I can't answer that. I assume you are running Windows, so Squeezelite-X should be an option. I have no experience with it, but I suspect it may be easier to configure and may not require you to use the command line. I have never used LMS or any version of Squeezelite on Windows, so I am not in a good position to advise you. By tomorrow somebody who knows the details of using this software with Windows will probably have useful advice for you.
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Installing Squeezelite-X fixed the problem.

Installing Squeezelite-X fixed the problem.
    That's great!