Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I did some further investigations, looking at the module that interfaces the hardware to the os, /lib/modules/2.6.26.8-rt16-332-g5849bfa/sd8686.ko it shows a size of 2038303 bytes. I googled around and managed to find another forum showing the size and there it was different, 2039023 bytes. That could maybe be a indication that this file is corrupted, but that seems unlikely as I suppose it is replaced when a new fw is loaded and that it load without complaints.

Maybe it's so simple that some substandard component are used and that manifests it now on devices that has been powered for a long time.

The one that you found is probably older or newer ... with or without additional bugs or bugfixes ... and it may or may not be compatible with the SB environment ...
    The challenge of not having the source code.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    The challenge of not having the source code.
    The touch is the only squeezeos/jive based player/controller that we DO have the source code.

For the radio and controller we are using the wifi kernel modules from the last official logitech release in the community firmware.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    The touch is the only squeezeos/jive based player/controller that we DO have the source code.
    Ah yes - I had my wires crossed and was thinking of the Radio WiFi issues and wlanpoke mitigation.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

My Touch Wifi died again yesterday and I didn't manage to make it work again. As stated by others it behaves as if there was no hardware connected. Even the ethernet connection wasn't working, I had to reset the touch to manage to get ethernet, but still no WiFi.

Lost wifi connection again

Quote Originally Posted by werdeil View Post
    My Touch Wifi died again yesterday and I didn't manage to make it work again. As stated by others it behaves as if there was no hardware connected. Even the ethernet connection wasn't working, I had to reset the touch to manage to get ethernet, but still no WiFi.
    One of my 3 Touches lost connection again 2 days ago (it was the one I reset to factory settings) . I haven't done anything about it yet except keep trying to connect and reboot. I think I will try leaving it off for a while and see if that does the trick.
    What is everyone doing about this long term? Are we going to have to build Raspberry Pi streamers? I have looked into this, but it needs some time to learn and set everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Muso View Post
    One of my 3 Touches lost connection again 2 days ago (it was the one I reset to factory settings) . I haven't done anything about it yet except keep trying to connect and reboot. I think I will try leaving it off for a while and see if that does the trick.
    What is everyone doing about this long term? Are we going to have to build Raspberry Pi streamers? I have looked into this, but it needs some time to learn and set everything up.
    Got it working! I tried leaving it off and rebooting which didn't help, so I just tried the repair network option which never really seemed to do anything before. I left it running probably 15 minutes or so and nothing seemed to happen. so I switched it off and when it came back on it is now working again!

I hope you have the same success?

Hi,
    I wouldn't discard a damaged integrated circuit or electrical connection. I remember one case from my first years as an electronics engineer, a maker of integrated circuits had gone mad about a problem with a client. In the end it was found chips were damaged by electrostatic discharge but still working.... as far as ambient humidity was within a range.

My touch has the same “sickness”. At first it was intermittent and eventually no way to use WiFi. Every time we were hit with a power outage the Touch struggled to get back online when the power came back.

And as others said when the issue happens the WiFi NIC doesn’t even show up in the options anymore. So it’s like the firmware doesn’t recognize and initialize it at boot time. What’s so puzzling is that the issue was a gradual decline over about a years worth of time and I just don’t see how this fits with the chipset being bad. I get capacitor aging but there don’t seem to be electrolyte based caps in the Touch. On a SB3 recapping fixed issues and it was very obvious on an oscilloscope how the rails were dirty before and clean afterwards. This one smells like a timing issue.

I also noticed that somehow temperature played a role when the issue was intermittently happening. After being off for a long time it wouldn’t work - period. Once up for some time and then rebooting it would come back. But it got worse to the point where I gave up and wired it with Ethernet. I wish someone would get to the bottom of this.

My daughter's Touch fell off the WiFi last week. It's been stable for ages. I could see the AP but not connect and a factory reset didn't help. Happily I have 2 Touch spare (and 4 SB 3, cough) so I swapped it. Reading this thread today has reminded me that I've seen this before and swapping power fixed it.

However I've already built her a picoreplayer which she's receiving tomorrow so that will solve everything. The remaining Touch in the house are on the cat 5.