Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Just sayin'

After an hour of freakin' out over the "Network not found" message, I finally joined this forum (about time, I've had my Touch for around 15 years) and realized that I hadn't done a full factory reset.

Success - the new year is truly off to a good start!

Got Vonets Bridge Working on Touch

I was still having strange intermittent wifi failures on my Touch.

So, I bought a Vonets VAR11N-300 which I plug into the Ethernet port on this Touch.

The Vonets unit is in Bridge mode.

One thing to note: I needed an external USB 5V/1A wall wart to power the Vonets; the USB power out of my Touch was not sufficient.

That is a minor bummer -- it would be very clean to power the Vonets off the Touch itself.

I will monitor this closely and report back if I still have issues.

FYI, I suggest not using Edimax EW-7438RPn. I bought some months ago to facilitate upgrading my WiFi from TKIP to AES (so that real Squeezeboxes would need Ethernet). The Edimax tested OK with TKIP but I couldn't get them going with AES. Edimax's newest firmware for that was released in 2015, so I think it's hopeless and am going to try the same newer Vonets that JPEG got.
    owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
    (which used to reside at www. tux.org/~peterw/)
    Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much time on the forums.
    Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
    FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
    SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

Quote Originally Posted by JPEG View Post
    I was still having strange intermittent wifi failures on my Touch.

So, I bought a Vonets VAR11N-300 which I plug into the Ethernet port on this Touch.

The Vonets unit is in Bridge mode.

One thing to note: I needed an external USB 5V/1A wall wart to power the Vonets; the USB power out of my Touch was not sufficient.

That is a minor bummer -- it would be very clean to power the Vonets off the Touch itself.

I will monitor this closely and report back if I still have issues.
    Hi,

After a while can you recommend this Vonets unit as a solution for WiFi connection ?

The wifi extenders such as the TP-LINK TL-WA850RE work well. They plug into a wall socket and run ethernet cable to the touch. I used one for a few months and but felt with the age of the Touch I was just kicking the can down the road. Good luck.

Anthony
    Pi 4 - JustBoom Digi - Topping E30
    Pi 4 - HiFiBerry Dac2 Pro
    Pi 4 - Topping D10s

Quote Originally Posted by DejanM View Post
    Hi,

After a while can you recommend this Vonets unit as a solution for WiFi connection ?
    Yes, my Vonets unit is still working reliably for me.