Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

WiFi dead? What are my options?

It appears that my Touch lost wireless connectivity. When I go through networking setup and click on Wireless network, nothing happens, as if the WiFi module had died. Ethernet works fine.

Is there a test that would confirm that this is a HW problem? I played with LMS settings before I noticed this problem to fix something totally unrelated (last.fm Love this track needing to enter mysqueezebox.com credentials) and I wonder if I unintentionally changed something on the SB Touch (I doubt it).

Is WiFi on a separate module that I could replace? I read that disassembling and reassembling the touch was a pain so I'd rther not go that route unless I Was sure I could replace a faulty WLAN module.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoste View Post
    It appears that my Touch lost wireless connectivity. When I go through networking setup and click on Wireless network, nothing happens, as if the WiFi module had died. Ethernet works fine.

Is there a test that would confirm that this is a HW problem? I played with LMS settings before I noticed this problem to fix something totally unrelated (last.fm Love this track needing to enter mysqueezebox.com credentials) and I wonder if I unintentionally changed something on the SB Touch (I doubt it).

Is WiFi on a separate module that I could replace? I read that disassembling and reassembling the touch was a pain so I'd rther not go that route unless I Was sure I could replace a faulty WLAN module.
    You cannot replace the wifi module on the Touch.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

A few things I would try:

- Factory reset: hold reset button on rear of Touch for 10 secs.
    - Firmware update/reapply

If still no good and wiring not an option, you might consider HomePlug:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008F537KC/

If the WLAN module is really dead and you need Wifi - thgen you can use an external Wifi to Ethernet adaptor

Some user which had Wifi problems with Radio have used a Vonets VAP-11G with success - powered through in line connection but with Touch you have possibility of using Touch USB socket for power (IIRC up to 500mA) .

Vonets http://www.vonets.com/productviews.asp?d_id=86

There are many types of adaptors that can provide the Wifi to Ethernet conversion such as nanorouters (in reverse AP mode) or extenders such as NetGear EX3700 and using Ethernet connection.

An external adaptor can also provide access to Wifi capabilities such as 5G.

thank you all, I will then not try to disassemble the touch. I had tried the factory reset and FW upgrade. I already have ethernet coming to the cabinet where the Touch sits but it's used for another device => I'll add a small ethernet switch

Wait

I had the same thing with both my Touch's last week. One I reset to factory and the other one had lost the wifi 2 days later. I was perplexed to say the least!
    Anyway a couple of days later after reading this and a few other things online that had not worked, they miraculously found the wifi again! So hang in there if you haven't done anything drastic yet. All may not be lost.
    Good luck!

I think others have observed this could be a symptom of a failing power supply. Might try a different supply. Don't forget the Radio uses a higher voltage and will fry the touch.

Thanks guys. I already switched to ethernet, but I will try to disconnect it to check if WiFi works again. As for the power supply, I tested it with a lab power supply that could deliver up to 5 amps, so power isn't likely to be the culprit.

I had the same kind of issue (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...mware-on-Touch), I thought it came from the community firmware but maybe not as it worked again some time after. But it failed again last night and I didn't manage to make it work yet.

Don't know if it is a power or WiFi chip issue but I guess I'll have to secure my connection through ethernet to avoid having this issue from time to time.

Two Touches, wifi dead on both ... both died ~early November 2021

It seems like something strange is happening to Touches around the world.

Why would both of my Touches have complete wifi failures on (about) the same day?

Wired interfaces still seem to work
    Last edited by JPEG; 2021-11-11 at 09:32.