Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Don't worry about /etc

Set timezone with "TZ" (not "EZ")

I'm guessing you have some port conflict.. I can use default 9000 and it works fine..
    (it didn't when old lms package was still installed even when it was stopped, perhaps you have smth else in conflict )

Have you tried host mode instead of bridged? At least for test..
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sea View Post
    By the way can you tell me what etc means in the configuration pages? Like:
    - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
    - /etc/timezone:/etc/timezone:ro
    I did not name any folder /etc. Is this something just for SSH?
    /etc is the traditional place for system config files on Unix (and Unix-like OS such as Linux). Synology NAS are running Linux.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

I notice that the default Environmental Variables when setting up LMS has UID = 99. When I SSH my Synology I see that no user id has a value of 99. I changed it to a used value but my LMS container still does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by pputzer View Post
    /etc is the traditional place for system config files on Unix (and Unix-like OS such as Linux). Synology NAS are running Linux.
    I cannot find this 'traditional place' on my DS920+ File Station. Is it hidden? Does it matter?

I cannot find this 'traditional place' on my DS920+ File Station. Is it hidden? Does it matter?
    Like before.. You shouldn't worry about /etc. Just ignore it..
    Generally form my experiences on Synology Docker.:

If your LMS container starts and quickly stops/crashes then you have /config permissions problem

If your LMS container runs fine and Internet radio /streaming services works but you cannot access local music source then you have permission to /Music problem.

If your LMS container runs fine but you cannot connect to it or players then you have ports conflict

If your alarms are not working you have wrong timezone.
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Thanks. That will be a big help in getting things running. I seem to have made progress. When I use Google Chrome to the 192.168.2.26:9000 I get it to load. When I use the Docker shortcut or just 192.168.2.26:9000 it says:
    Secure Connection Failed
    An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.2.26:9000. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.
    Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

Any clues for this?

Still frustrated

I still can't understand how to get LMS to work in Docker. I have some questions:

For launching via the GUI:
    Could someone post what adding time zone should look like on the environment tab?
    The documentation gives both PGID and PUID equal 1000 on the environment tab. Don't I have to SSH into the Synology to find the correct ID numbers?

For Run or Compose scripts:
    Could someone give and example of their lines for localtime and timezone? Not knowing Linux, I just don't get how it should be written. I don't have a /etc/localtime directory on my NAS!
    Could someone give an example of how to write the "<somewhere>" part of the path in Linux.

Thank you.

I still can't understand how to get LMS to work in Docker. I have some questions:

For launching via the GUI:
    Could someone post what adding time zone should look like on the environment tab?
    The documentation gives both PGID and PUID equal 1000 on the environment tab. Don't I have to SSH into the Synology to find the correct ID numbers?

For Run or Compose scripts:
    Could someone give and example of their lines for localtime and timezone? Not knowing Linux, I just don't get how it should be written. I don't have a /etc/localtime directory on my NAS!
    Could someone give an example of how to write the "<somewhere>" part of the path in Linux.

Thank you.
    Seems like you are really struggling with this.. I think you perhaps have some packages or other Docker containers conflicts on your DSM.. Just can't believe that all tutorials and instructions don't work for you.

Just thinking.. One way of verifying if it's smth with your DSM would be installing virtual DSM in virtual machine manager.. I believe you should get one free licence as default and as long as you not using it already for smth else then you could try starting Docker LMS from scratch in vDSM

Jaca,
    What is smth?
    1x Squeezebox Classic(3), 4x Squeezebox Duet, 3x Squeezebox Controller, 1x Squeezebox Boom, 3x Squeezebox Touch, 1x Squeezebox Radio, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0, Synology NAS DS920+ Docker

Jaca,
    What is smth?
    "something"