Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Radio dropping connection to LMS

    Hi Guys

    I've got 4 Squeezebox Radios connected to an LMS 8.0.0 on a Synology DS218play.
    Recently I had to shut down my NAS. After that 3 of 4 Radios drop the connection to the LMS.

    I've tried to make a factory reset of the radios, made sure the Version Control patch is installed, restarted the LMS, restarted the Radios.
    But everytime they behave the same:
    They connect to the LMS, they go back in sync and work.
    Sometime after I stopped the music, they drop the connection to the LMS.

    What's weird is, the fourth one doesn't have these problems and work without an issue.
    I even tried to copy the settings of the fourth to the other ones via the SettingsManager Plugin from Peter Watkins.
    No success.
    The only thing different from the others, is that the alarm clock on the fourth one is active.

    Does anyone of you have an idea what I can try?
    Or is there a way to upgrade to LMS 8.0.1 or .2 on an armV8?

    Thanks for your help in advance.
    Flosse

  2. #2
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,622

    Radio dropping connection to LMS

    > I've got 4 Squeezebox Radios connected to an LMS 8.0.0 on a Synology
    > DS218play.
    > Recently I had to shut down my NAS. After that 3 of 4 Radios drop the
    > connection to the LMS.


    Did you happen to install DSM7 or the Perl update for DSM6? They both
    break LMS on Synology. There are quite a few threads about this in the
    forum.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    7,976
    Quote Originally Posted by FlossenNacht View Post
    Hi Guys

    I've got 4 Squeezebox Radios connected to an LMS 8.0.0 on a Synology DS218play.
    Recently I had to shut down my NAS. After that 3 of 4 Radios drop the connection to the LMS.

    I've tried to make a factory reset of the radios, made sure the Version Control patch is installed, restarted the LMS, restarted the Radios.
    But everytime they behave the same:
    They connect to the LMS, they go back in sync and work.
    Sometime after I stopped the music, they drop the connection to the LMS.

    What's weird is, the fourth one doesn't have these problems and work without an issue.
    I even tried to copy the settings of the fourth to the other ones via the SettingsManager Plugin from Peter Watkins.
    No success.
    The only thing different from the others, is that the alarm clock on the fourth one is active.

    Does anyone of you have an idea what I can try?
    Or is there a way to upgrade to LMS 8.0.1 or .2 on an armV8?

    Thanks for your help in advance.
    Flosse
    This might be a stupid question but are they running on battery or mains?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Did you happen to install DSM7 or the Perl update for DSM6? They both
    break LMS on Synology. There are quite a few threads about this in the
    forum.
    No. I've got the info that I could update to DSM7, but I'm not sure if Docker runs on a DS218play.
    And the Perl Update happened some months ago. I downgraded it then and it worked.

    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    This might be a stupid question but are they running on battery or mains?
    All four of them are running on main with two of them having a battery in them.

    I've searched a bit more yesterday.
    One idea was to check the channel of the wlan.
    I've changed my wlan to a different channel in the hopes it would help.
    The other thing I didn't do was a complete powerdown with the power cut off.
    After those two things I now have two who are working with the other two still dropping the connection.

    It seems I misunderstood the problem, apperently they're not dropping the connection to my NAS, they're dropping the connection to the network.
    I now have tried to assign them static IP's.
    I'll keep you posted if it worked or not.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by FlossenNacht View Post
    It seems I misunderstood the problem, apperently they're not dropping the connection to my NAS, they're dropping the connection to the network.
    I now have tried to assign them static IP's.
    I'll keep you posted if it worked or not.
    Might be worth a look if it doesn't work out:

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-wifi-drop-out

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...fix-(wlanpoke)

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...n-three-Radios

  6. #6
    Okay. It didn't work.
    But wlanpoke also didn't work.
    And resetting my whole network also didn't work.
    Still only one working radio.
    I'm running out of ideas what to try.
    They're showing up on my router as connected devices. But they can't get a ping on my LMS.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by FlossenNacht View Post
    They're showing up on my router as connected devices. But they can't get a ping on my LMS.
    Do they ping anything else?
    Example: ping www.google.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by FlossenNacht View Post
    Okay. It didn't work.
    But wlanpoke also didn't work.
    And resetting my whole network also didn't work.
    Still only one working radio.
    I'm running out of ideas what to try.
    They're showing up on my router as connected devices. But they can't get a ping on my LMS.
    Can you connect the SB Radios to Mysqueezebox.com? If yes, then that might rule out a problem with the router or maybe the Radios.

    Strange that one radio works, but not the others. Your prior post mentions running LMS on Synology DS218play. Perhaps simplify the system as much as possible. Install LMS on another computer to see if the problem goes away.

    Paul

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •