Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

simple Q about Duet Receiver updates

Hi All
    Recently got a used duet receiver, so still seeing "what's what"
    I noticed that in the menus on the remote there is the option to update the software. A list is available option #1 "Begin ipdate (7.7.3 r1.....)etc and option #2 "Begin update (7.8.0 .....)etc
    I have selected and downloaded both options and the process went through "downloading" and then "installing" for both.
    BUT the list still remains available as if the update didn't complete and take "properly"..
    "What's up with this?" as they say these days.. is this correct if a little confusing..
    cheers CD

Quote Originally Posted by doobre View Post
    Hi All
    Recently got a used duet receiver, so still seeing "what's what"
    I noticed that in the menus on the remote there is the option to update the software. A list is available option #1 "Begin ipdate (7.7.3 r1.....)etc and option #2 "Begin update (7.8.0 .....)etc
    I have selected and downloaded both options and the process went through "downloading" and then "installing" for both.
    BUT the list still remains available as if the update didn't complete and take "properly"..
    "What's up with this?" as they say these days.. is this correct if a little confusing..
    cheers CD
    just do the 7.8.0 update. Then after, check in LMS > SETTINGS > INFORMATION TAB to see if the duets firmware shows as 7.8.0.

Edit. The update list will always remain available, even after update.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

thanks garym

got it thanks very much..
    Q. do these updates still get added to, like in the same way as LMS updates are still being kept going/improving..?
    cheers CD

Quote Originally Posted by doobre View Post
    got it thanks very much..
    Q. do these updates still get added to, like in the same way as LMS updates are still being kept going/improving..?
    cheers CD
    No. Except recently there have been community firmware updates for the touch, the radio, and the duet controller. But the transporter duet receiver SB3 etc. no longer have any updates.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify