Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Warning Newbie: Synology DS418j - Logitech Media Server has stopped working

Hi

My apologies, struggling a bit.

A few months ago my Logitech Squeezebox stopped working and was not connecting to my NAS. Which I think now from my reading here may have been in relation to a Perl upgrade.

Since then I have deleted my install because I thought it was not supported anymore, and was about to sell my Squeezebox, but thought that I would give it one more shot at getting it going again.

1) I hope this is in the correct part of the forum

So, let's assume I am starting from scratch here, and my primary aim is to get my Squeezebox working and talking to my NAS again. (I miss it soo much!)

What do I have to do?

Thank you in advance.

Take a look at this thread about using Docker to run LMS on Synology.
    I do not know which Synology models it works with.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...S-Step-by-Step
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Take a look at this thread about using Docker to run LMS on Synology.
    I do not know which Synology models it works with.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...S-Step-by-Step
    Thank you, I shall have a look. Appreciated.

"j" models don't support Docker so you can either downgrade Pearl and reinstall old LMS package (if you can get it from someone here) or run your LMS from other device like raspberry pi (PiCorePlayer) and point it to your music collection on your NAS.

Check pinkdot's thread for details
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Speaking about finding older version of LMS, which version is the last one repacked for Synology ? I've searched all over the internet (ok almost ) and the latest version I found for armv8 is the Logitech Media Server Version : 8.0.0 - 1605892076 @ Fri Nov 20 18:28:44 CET 2020. Got the version 8.2.0-1616536502If but for armv5. If anymone could provide me some hints I'll take. Thank you !