Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Anyone using a Flirc adapter with a Joggler?

I'm using a Joggler reflashed to Squeezeplay as a monitor/controller for my DAC32. (See thread here for the process!)

I want to use a remote (ideally an SB3 remote as others in the house are familiar with it) and effectively use that to control the Joggler display (and, therefore, the DAC32 output).

Castalla in that other thread suggested a Flirc adapter, which seems potentially a good idea.

So I'm wondering, has anyone used the precise combination of SB3 remote + Flirc + Joggler reflashed with Squeezeplay? I'd like to have an idea that it should work before I get a Flirc.

Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    I'm using a Joggler reflashed to Squeezeplay as a monitor/controller for my DAC32. (See thread here for the process!)

I want to use a remote (ideally an SB3 remote as others in the house are familiar with it) and effectively use that to control the Joggler display (and, therefore, the DAC32 output).

Castalla in that other thread suggested a Flirc adapter, which seems potentially a good idea.

So I'm wondering, has anyone used the precise combination of SB3 remote + Flirc + Joggler reflashed with Squeezeplay? I'd like to have an idea that it should work before I get a Flirc.
    Sorry, not that precise combination.

I use a Flirc adapter with a Pi/piCorePlayer/Pi 7" screen.

I do have a spare not being used, programmed with a SB Touch remote.

PM me an address and I'll pop it in a jiffy envelope, if it doesn't work, return it.

If it works, make me an offer, cost was £22.00.

Or, purchase a new one, and I'll send you the configuration file, save you having to programme it.

Name:  flirc.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  43.9 KB
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

I have an original FLIRC that I use with the Joggler, squeezeplay and an sb3 remote. I have the flirc and usb stick connected using a usb hub as I've been unable to get my joggler to boot from sqpos flashed to the internal storage.

I'm still running a really old v1.15 of the flirc firmware with the key mappings I created back in 2014 for the CSOS project. My original config was reported not to work with newer firmware.

I mapped the size button to the jive go action to allow navigation with the jivelite grid skins, but it's not needed for squeezeplay.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Thanks for the info, gents (and the kind offer, kidstypike).

From what I can gather from a bit more reading, if I try a keyboard into the USB socket with the Joggler in its current reflashed Squeezeplay state and get the responses I want/expect, the Flirc will replicate that from a given remote.

So, I'll try that, and if OK, I think I'll take a punt with a new v2 Flirc.

It worked a treat. Up and running now with a flirc plugged into my joggler and using my old SB3 remote to control same.

Can't say the flirc instructions were much of a help—too little clear explaining because of the familiar we-know-what-it-does-so-you-should-too syndrome. But much of the setup is pretty intuitive. Ish.

For example, I would like to know how to program a long-press for a second function on a particular button, which flirc implies is do-able...

https://flirc.gitbooks.io/flirc-inst...ong-press.html

... but doesn't tell you how.

By no means a deal-breaker—everything I need is working—but it would be nice to know.

i was in the same boat and some guy on this forum stated, that long press with FLIRC isn't supported on the joggler OS....

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    i was in the same boat and some guy on this forum stated, that long press with FLIRC isn't supported on the joggler OS....
    That might explain it, though I've reflashed my Joggler to Squeezeplay; not sure if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    It worked a treat. Up and running now with a flirc plugged into my joggler and using my old SB3 remote to control same.

Can't say the flirc instructions were much of a help—too little clear explaining because of the familiar we-know-what-it-does-so-you-should-too syndrome. But much of the setup is pretty intuitive. Ish.

For example, I would like to know how to program a long-press for a second function on a particular button, which flirc implies is do-able...

https://flirc.gitbooks.io/flirc-inst...ong-press.html

... but doesn't tell you how.

By no means a deal-breaker—everything I need is working—but it would be nice to know.
    That is correct, long press is not supported in the keyboard interface to squeezeplay and jivelite, which is what the flirc emulates. You need to map a separate key on the remote to the long-press action.

I maintain a list of all supported actions to key mappings here. Note that new mappings are not supported by the squeezeplay included in the joggler version last I checked.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.