Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Janne00 View Post
    I do not have the green Code button on the GitHub page, could it be because of the browser I'm using.
    Anyway, I went ahead with
    git checkout 'public/8.2'
    What does that do?
    Git is a time machine, the `checkout` command allows you to pick a specific moment in time or hop to some alternate release.

I have earlier installed LMS 8.3. Should I remove it and install 8.2 instead?
    I ran the buildme.sh script
    It ran for two hours but then terminated with this message:

audio.c:14:10: fatal error: libavformat/avformat.h: No such file or directory
    14 | #include <libavformat/avformat.h>
    | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:464: libmediascan_la-audio.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/janne/sambashare/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/libmediascan-0.1/src'
    make[1]: *** [Makefile:274: all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/janne/sambashare/slimserver-vendor/CPAN/libmediascan-0.1'
    make: *** [Makefile:204: all] Error 2
    make failed
    Unsure what caused that. I can't replicate it on my machine. The missing include file is part of ffmpeg that is also built by the script and should be in the folder ./build/include/libavformat
    It is possible that the build of the rather ancient version of ffmpeg failed without generating any warnings and the file thus in fact may not have been installed.

It's not critical though. If you are not going to use UPnP this particular module (Media::Scan) will in fact not be used, so it is okay to skip it. To complete the remaining modules simply run the following from the CPAN folder:
    Code:
        ./buildme.sh MP3::Cut::Gapless
        ./buildme.sh Sub::Name
        ./buildme.sh Template
        ./buildme.sh XML::Parser
        ./buildme.sh YAML::LibYAML
    Do note that the buildme.sh script does not install the files to the correct location by default. When done you need to go into the `build` folder and copy the folder named `arch` to the CPAN folder in your LMS installation.

in addition to the comments by gordonb3:

You will get the green button on the web page https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver-vendor , which is the home page of the repository.
    https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver-vendor/CPAN is just the URL a subfolder of the repository.

On my Ubuntu server with LMS, the "CPAN folder" is located in /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/.
    Probably it is the same for you so that your copy command may look as below:
    cp -r build/arch/5.26/aarch64-linux-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.26/

Thank you for all the help so far. I did the additional buildme.sh script commands.
    The CPAN/build/arch folder contains a 5.32 folder which contains the folders: bin lib man.
    Should there be an architecture file or folder starting with aarch?

Need troubleshooting help for LMSinstallation on Debian

> Thank you for all the help so far. I did the additional buildme.sh
    > script commands.
    > The CPAN/build/arch folder contains a 5.32 folder which contains the
    > folders: bin lib man.
    > Should there be an architecture file or folder starting with aarch?

The documentation says:

cp -r build/arch/5.26/aarch64-linux-thread-multi
    /path/to/slimserver/CPAN/arch/5.26/

(replace 5.26 with 5.32, of course)

Would that not work? Did the build run through correctly?

I am very happy now. I have been listening to my music collection all weekend and Spotify as well.
    I reinstalled LMS and ran buildme.sh including the additional instructions but maybe I just looked in the wrong folder since there is a 5.32 folder both in build as well as in build/arch.
    Build/arch/5.32 contains:
    i386-linux-thread-multi-64int i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int
    I did not know which one to copy so I copied both. LMS started just fine after this.
    Again, thank you for all your help. I am really pleased.