Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Two LMS Installs, Different LMS Scan Results...

Hi,
    I have two LMS 8.3 installs on WIn10 Servers, the Music directory is mirrored between the two.

Usually, after adding music, re-scanning each server, the library statistics are identical on each server. However, after recently adding a few albums, mirrroring, re-scanning, one server now shows 9859 total tracks, the other 9857. I've can't seem to find the rogue tracks.

I've checked the files on both disks, and have also checked the number of music tracks using MP3Tag and MusicImport, all show 9859 tracks. But somewhere the 2nd LMS is missing 2 tracks.

Is there anything I can do to check the scan results for each LMS to compare what tracks they are actually counting? Is there a log file or something?
    Perhaps I have a setting on the 2nd LMS that is excluding 2 tracks for some reason (length or something)? Never seen this issue before.

Any pointers appreciated.

FYI, both servers are at 2 different physical locations, so it's not easy to run anything to directly compare the disk contents as all diagnostics have to run over remote desktop.

Thanks
    Location 1: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x3 SB Radios, x1 Touch, x1 Controller : Location 2: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Duet Receiver, x1 Controller : Alexa Mediaserver Smart Skill, Material Android, SqueezeliteX control

scanner.log (in same directory as the server.log) - but you might have to turn up the logging levels.
    Settings/Advanced/Logging/scan.scanner (I assume)

You can get to the log from the web interface
    Settings/Information then scroll to the bottom.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

An alternative might to get a list of all albums and compare the list

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...in-LMS-library

edit:

Second thoughts - It may not be applicable as you are missing tracks not albums

Stop LMS and copy library.db to somewhere. Use SQLIteBrowser to extract tracks table to CSV. Do on both installs and then compare the two side by side in Excel.
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Thanks all,
    I found the problem, although I'm not sure what caused it. The Metadata for two tracks had become corrupted and displayed nothing even though the tracks themselves were present.

I tracked down the offending tracks by using LMS documenter to analyse both DB, export the results and then did a side by side comparison in excel.

Now I know what caused it, if it happens again a simple search in MP3Tag should highlight any tracks without metadata.

Strange why this happened, but fixed now.

Thanks for the pointers!
    Location 1: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x3 SB Radios, x1 Touch, x1 Controller : Location 2: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Duet Receiver, x1 Controller : Alexa Mediaserver Smart Skill, Material Android, SqueezeliteX control