Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First I asked for optimized / recommended settings - if there are some.

In my case the Covers mostly are not shown using LMS but shown when using Box as UE (without LMS).

Quote Originally Posted by Squeeza View Post

In my case the Covers mostly are not shown using LMS but shown when using Box as UE (without LMS).
    Do you convert it back to UE when you don't use LMS? In that case you wouldn't be connecting to mysqueezebox. Do you see station logo or track artwork?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I only looked at Antenna Bayern (and even then just one of the many Antenna Bayern channels).

The URL provides track data (e.g. artist, name of track) in-line which is updated while URL is playing (via icy metadata StreamTitle)
    The URL itself does NOT provide cover art nor art per track (i.e. no icy data for artwork) .
    On LMS Station Logo art may be provided by the directory service such as via RadioNet plugin and later if you then save the URL as a Favorites

If you see Track art when playing by UE then it is probably coming from Tune-in.
    If you just see station logo - it can come from saved URL as a Favorite and/or the directory service

and if the station is played via LMS using the TuneIn link then it really should show the track cover art if TuneIn has it because LMS has code in it to accept if from there.

I can't test from here because of TuneIn hiding stations from UK-based listeners.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz

There are no settings to change this.
    It should simply work or not depending on the information being available as mentioned earlier.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    and if the station is played via LMS using the TuneIn link then it really should show the track cover art if TuneIn has it because LMS has code in it to accept if from there.

I can't test from here because of TuneIn hiding stations from UK-based listeners.
    I tested a few Antenna Bayern using Tune-in - all I get is track data (i.e. artist & song) and station logo - no track specific art.

When LMS controls your Radio it also controls its screen content, i.e. if you shut down LMS the Radio (or other SB) will continue playing the remote stream but it won't change the image any more. Now this part I'm not really sure about, but I think the image is actually downloaded by LMS and then pushed to the Radio (after scaling?). There is bound to be someone who can confirm this.

Working from this possible faults include:
    • LMS machine goes to sleep
    • no internet access from the LMS machine
    • broken Image::Scale perl module

Many thanks to You all!

Now I set up two SqueezeBoxes: one connected to the LMS, the other standalone

I've experienced the following ... but still have to do more tests:

Antenne Bayern: Showing the album cover seems to depend on the song. For some songs, the picture is not displayed for some it is. If it does appear, both boxes show it.
    ERF Pop: Standalone-Box shows the image for some songs, LMS-Connected-Box only shows it for some songs, if the song was started from LMS (not from Box itself).

But ... I am very unsure with all this and have to do more tests and hear more songs ...

Try playing "Linn Jazz".
    I have explained some more about what happens (including with my plugin) in this very recent post.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...60#post1035660
    Paul Webster

Thank You very much for this link, great work!