Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Native VPN Client Plugin for Squeezbox Radio

Hello

First of all i wanna thank all of You for Your great support and keeping LMS alive an d up to date!

I would like to ask if I can get a VPN-Connection directly between the SqueezeBox and my Router (Fritz!Box) without additional Hardware.

Did someone already realize this?

No I don't think there is a way to do that.

I do this with pCP with a VPN back to my firewall which works well.

You may be able to do this with a travel router

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Ok.

In that case i will have to type the Server-Adress manually, because the server may not be found automatically (different Subs).
    How can I type in - after already being connected to a (maybe foreign) WIFI - manually a Server-IP or - in other cases - where can i type in a DNS-Name f. i. "mysqeezeser.dyndns.com"

Which Files at the Squeezebox do i have to modify. The following seems not to be all involved files:

/etc/squeezeplay/userpath:
    - Playback.lua
    - SlimDiscovery.lua

Quote Originally Posted by Squeeza View Post
    In that case i will have to type the Server-Adress manually, because the server may not be found automatically (different Subs).
    How can I type in - after already being connected to a (maybe foreign) WIFI - manually a Server-IP or - in other cases - where can i type in a DNS-Name f. i. "mysqeezeser.dyndns.com"
    There is a 'Remote libraries' option under 'Advanced settings/Networking' that may do what you want. I've never used it.

Ok.

Which Files at the Squeezebox do i have to modify. The following seems not to be all involved files:

/etc/squeezeplay/userpath:
    - Playback.lua
    - SlimDiscovery.lua
    I do not think you can specify a host only an IP address.

I'm not saying you're doing this but :- https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post879191

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Hello

First of all i wanna thank all of You for Your great support and keeping LMS alive an d up to date!

I would like to ask if I can get a VPN-Connection directly between the SqueezeBox and my Router (Fritz!Box) without additional Hardware.

Did someone already realize this?
    I have built a native openvpn client for the radio, but it doesn't have enough cpu power nor memory to handle the vpn tunnel and decode a music stream, so I never released it.

There is one for the touch and it works well. See this post for details.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Hey, really great. I will see, what I can try. Thanks!