Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No Apps in Myapps, only gallery

Hello All,

I know this issue has come about in other threads, and I already tried all suggestions like:
    • restart LMS
    • reboot Raspi
    • re-enter password in Settings/Squeezebox.com
    • reload browser

As others say, the apps are still there on my mobile Android running Orange Squeeze.
    An identical install of LMS in another home still shows all the Apps....

Any further steps to check?

Ciao,

-Gian
    Madamina, il catalogo Ŕ questo... town: Musical Fidelity Dr.Thomas, Preamp II, Infinity 7K, Squeezebox Classic (2), 2 Squeezelite bt on Raspi, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Ubuntu 18.4 LTS server
    country: Musical Fidelity A-5, Infinity Renaissance 90, Musical Fidelity A120, Sonus Faber Concertino, Squeezebox Classic, SB Touch, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Raspberry Pi Zero-w bt, Raspberry Pi 3 server with Debian Jessie on Arm7

Check the LMS logs - perhaps problems accessing mysqueezebox.com (mine is having problems at the moment).
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by gian View Post

As others say, the apps are still there on my mobile Android running Orange Squeeze.
    An identical install of LMS in another home still shows all the Apps....
    Have you tried in the Material Skin (installing it if you haven't already)? I've also been seeing (or not!) this for the last week or so, and as well as them being visible and working in the Android App, they're also present in the Material Skin. Just, for me, not in any of the other browser skins.

John

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 - 1633378714 @ Tue Oct 5 00:16:24 CEST 2021
    Operating system: macOS 10.13.6 - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64
    Perl Version: 5.18.2 - darwin-thread-multi-2level
    Audio::Scan: 1.05
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.068
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

I was having this problem last night. Seems to relate to problem accessing mysqueezebox.com. But problem resolved itself this morning on my end.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Thank all of you for your comments.

I installed Material Skin, as Testmatch suggested, and there they are.

Strange, cannot imagine why this happens.

My other install does not have this problem.
    Madamina, il catalogo Ŕ questo... town: Musical Fidelity Dr.Thomas, Preamp II, Infinity 7K, Squeezebox Classic (2), 2 Squeezelite bt on Raspi, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Ubuntu 18.4 LTS server
    country: Musical Fidelity A-5, Infinity Renaissance 90, Musical Fidelity A120, Sonus Faber Concertino, Squeezebox Classic, SB Touch, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Raspberry Pi Zero-w bt, Raspberry Pi 3 server with Debian Jessie on Arm7

Material skin works, but all in all, I miss the Default skin.

However, if I go back, the Apps are not shown..

Kinda strange because my other server is the same release (different platform), and the Default skin works fine as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by gian View Post
    Material skin works, but all in all, I miss the Default skin.

However, if I go back, the Apps are not shown..

Kinda strange because my other server is the same release (different platform), and the Default skin works fine as usual.
    Did you check the server log as suggested earlier?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

No Apps in Myapps, only gallery

> Material skin works, but all in all, I miss the Default skin.
    >
    > However, if I go back, the Apps are not shown..
    >
    > Kinda strange because my other server is the same release (different
    > platform), and the Default skin works fine as usual.

Can you post the system information part from Settings/Information in LMS?

I can replicate this quite simply.

Stop LMS.
    Disconnect host from network (e.g. turn wi-fi off).
    Start LMS.
    Observe that only "App Gallery" appears under "My Apps" in the web interface.
    Stop LMS.
    Reconnect host to network.
    Start LMS.
    Observe that "My Apps" will now be fully populated. "App Gallery" does not appear therein.

I've occasionally noticed this before. I guess absence of a connection to "LMS in the cloud" is the cause. Reasonable, perhaps, if all of "My Apps" are driven from "LMS in the cloud", but not so reasonable where locally installed plugins have also installed themselves into the "My Apps" menu.

On Squeezeplay, the "My Apps" and "App Gallery" menu items will simply not show up on the UI in these circumstances.
    Edit: This is Squeezeplay running on the same host as LMS. I haven't checked other combinations.
    Last edited by mrw; 2021-10-31 at 06:38. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    I can replicate this quite simply.
    Additional comment: I tried with the '--nomysqueezebox' option to LMS.

The "My Apps" menu does now appear to populate correctly in the web ui, with locally installed plugins only showing up.

The "My Apps" menu in Squeezeplay also now appears, although it still includes the, now non-functional, "cloud" items within it.