Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Many thanks for the updated plugin Paul, working well here. Surprising that Linn still haven't got lossless streams
    Stay safe all
    Jeremy
    RaspberryPi4 server running Raspbian & LMS 8.3, USB hard drive
    Lounge - Pi4 running piCoreplayer 8 connected via USB to Naim DAC-V1, Linn LP12/Ekos/Troika, Naim NAC102, Linn Tunebox crossover, 4 x Naim NAP250 power amps with Avondale Audio 2018 mods, Linn Keltik active isobarik speakers. Cotrolled by 2 Jogglers or phone
    Office - Squeezebox Boom
    Kitchen - Squeezebox Radio x2
    Sunroom - Squeezebox Boom
    Bedroom - Squeezebox Radio x2 plus another in en-suite
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Thanks

I have had a reply from them saying that they will take a look at why their coverart is not working.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Dandelion Radio, Europa Radio Jazz, Frequence3, FSK, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Radio Swiss, RTE Ireland, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    OK, attached zip file contains 600x400 logos in png format for Linn Radio, Linn Classical and Linn Jazz. You may want to reduce color depth to reduce file size.
    Thanks for the station logos. I also found them (2 of them anyway) via an image search. Odd that they are not linked to from their own site - anyway - they are now in the plugin.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Dandelion Radio, Europa Radio Jazz, Frequence3, FSK, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Radio Swiss, RTE Ireland, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

I found the problem with the Linn cover art.
    It is a configuration issue at their end but one that I can work around.
    I've let them know what the issue is.

Meanwhile - the work around is in beta 0.0.8b of Radio Now Playing.

Unfortunately their cover art is low res 100x100 jpg so it does not look great when presented on a large screen.
    Anyway, it works.
    Paul Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Unfortunately their cover art is low res 100x100 jpg so it does not look great when presented on a large screen.
    Anyway, it works.
    I noticed that when I suppress Linn Radio in the Radio Now Playing plugin settings, stations Linn Radio and Linn Jazz station provide hi res (600x600) cover art. Linn Classical only provides the station logo with this setting (which is fine with me). With Linn Radio not suppressed, Linn Radio and Linn Jazz provide low res 100x100 cover art, as you mention. Maybe you can think of a way that your plugin provides the 600x600 hi res cover art for Linn Radio and Linn Jazz?

EDIT: The resolution of the cover art of the 3 Linn stations is not consistent. When switching between the 3 stations, sometimes I get to see hi res and sometimes low res cover art. I am not sure what is going on. Maybe also LMS cover art caching plays a role.
    Last edited by CJS; 2021-10-13 at 06:49. Reason: Updated description of observations
    | LMS 8.3.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.0.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

With my plugin disabled, if you tried to play the underlying stream URL - http://radio.linn.co.uk:8004/autodj - you would not get the cover art.

However, since you played it via TuneIn (possibly as a favourite) then that cover art comes from TuneIn (the topic of another recent thread here on the forum).

With my plugin disabled, I just played Linn Jazz and there was a track by Alyn Cosker
    The artwork shown was
    http://cdn-albums.tunein.com/gn/1Q5QG06RR1g.jpg
    The Linn equivalent link that my plugin would have used is
    http://radio.linn.co.uk:2199/static/...e_f9eb53b6.jpg

Unfortunately I have not been able to find a way work out what the URL would be for the hi-res version held on the Linn platform.

Maybe I could cheat .... and build up a list of their albums and then get them from their site ... given that they play predominantly (exclusively?) their own label material ...

e.g. that Alyn Cosker album cover art is at ...
    https://www.linnrecords.com/sites/de...8%20Sleeve.png

While that might seem like a ridiculous idea ... given the heavy rotation in what they play, it might be feasible ... but I suspect for another day.

Right now I am playing it via TuneIn with my plugin disabled and sit is howing a generic TuneIn logo with text showing no artist and a title of
    Ian Shaw - 03 - She s Loaded [bw]

If my plugin was doing it - it would have shown
    artist: Ian Shaw
    title: She s Loaded
    album: Lifejacket
    coverart: http://radio.linn.co.uk:2199/static/...t_a4fcc855.jpg

In the meantime - you could delete that station from the plugin configuration file (and remember to do it on each update)!
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2021-10-13 at 08:51.
    Paul Webster

With my plugin disabled, if you tried to play the underlying stream URL - http://radio.linn.co.uk:8004/autodj - you would not get the cover art.
    However, since you played it via TuneIn (possibly as a favourite) then that cover art comes from TuneIn (the topic of another recent thread here on the forum).
    Thanks for your explanations, it is appreciated. You are right, I was playing the Linn stations from favorites that link the TuneIn stream URL's. As you explain, the cover art then comes from TuneIn. That may also explain why I (with Linn Radio suppressed in your plugin) I sometimes got cover art for station Linn Radio that is totally unrelated to the track that is played. Apparently the insertion of cover art regularly goes wrong at TuneIn.
    Last edited by CJS; 2021-10-13 at 09:13.
    | LMS 8.3.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.0.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

I've let them know what the issue is.

Meanwhile - the work around is in beta 0.0.8b of Radio Now Playing.

Anyway, it works.
    Thanks for the plugin Paul. I have just explored it fully. I haven't heard the two classical flac streams for ages, Cro D-ur and Naim.
    Its a beauty.