Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Great news. Squeezeplay installed and all looking good!

Paul, thank you so much for your patience and good advice. I could not have got anywhere close to succeeding without you.

Thank you, too, Man In Van. Appreciated.

That is good news ... and possible good practice for me as just had one of the kids saying that their kitchen Joggler won't boot any more ... luckily I had left them with a 2nd that has now been put to good use.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Ha, even better!

Two brief Qs...

1. Can I turn the beeps off on the Joggler/Squeezeplay as I use the touchscreen to navigate about? Not important, but would be nice if it didn't.

2. Can I adjust the sizes etc of the elements (text, cover art, etc) on the Joggler's Squeezeplay Now Playing screen? Again, not bad as is, but bigger text would be nice if poss.

Thanks again!

1 - yes - settings / Audio Settings/Sound Effects
    2 - no
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Got it, and ta.

Is there any way to use a regular remote control, such as an SB3 remote, with the Joggler? (I don't mean a phone etc.)

It does not have an infrared receiver but you /might/ be able to plug in a usb receiver and matching remote that emulates a keyboard.
    Paul Webster

Flirc?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    It does not have an infrared receiver but you /might/ be able to plug in a usb receiver and matching remote that emulates a keyboard.
    @whitman, I am using a "Model T3" RF remote control with USB dongle on a Raspberry Pi Zero that runs piCorePlayer 7.0.1 with Jivelite. See this topic.
    This remote works fine with my RPi Zero. I don't know if it will also work with the Joggler.
    Last edited by CJS; 2021-10-16 at 04:30.
    | LMS 8.3.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP | ESP Muse Luxe |

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Flirc?
    Hmm, that's intriguing. I didn't know about this adapter till I saw this, Castalla. Is anyone here using the precise combination of Joggler + Flirc + SB3 remote, I wonder?