Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Wow! Openpeak successfully installed. How do I now put Squeezeplayer on to that?

I have just done that on a Macbook

downloaded the rflash image and used Balena to write it to a usb stick

found out how to stop safari unzipping the file and download both of the OpenFrame files direct to the reflash folder

what a palaver

Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    Wow! Openpeak successfully installed. How do I now put Squeezeplayer on to that?
    I would first check that your wireless connection works

I've reflashed and openpeak 30301 is running well, and my wireless connection set up now and working too. But I'm not sure now how to install Squeezeplay on it.

Then you need to go to this page

https://birdslikewires.net/squeezeplay-os

decide if you want to install on the internal ram or on an external usb stick and foll the process for your choice

ronnie

one tip:

before you reflash the Joggle for the squeezeplay, make sure you have an instance of LMS running on your network.

This will make starting up squeezeplay a lot easier

ronnie

I would take that work USB stick and put a sticky label on it saying Joggler Reflash and then, from a regular file manger, remove the OP 30301 files and put the SQPOS files on it (in the reflash directory or whatever it is called - am typing from memory) and then put it in Joggler and boot so that it flashes the Joggler to boot SQPOS.
    Then take the stick out and keep it safe.

Rewriting the flash lots of times will make it fail eventually but that is not an issue for now and hopefully you will never have to flash it again.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Also if you are running LMS 8 on your LAN, make sure it is a recent 8.2 or higher otherworldly se the Joggler will refuse to talk to it.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

I'm just about to try your idea of keeping the Joggler Reflash as the master reflasher, now with 30301 files replaced by sqpos303 files.

I'm running 8.2.1 LMS on my Mac on network, a build from August, so probably up-to-date enough?

That will be fine.
    Paul Webster