Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    You'll have to change the subject of the thread soon ... I predict 2 phases ...
    1) Joggler as a Squeezebox controller
    2) Joggler as a Squeezebox

People say the sound isn't great but I have found it good enough for a bathroom ... although I did eventually upgrade to a bigger 2 speaker model to improve it.

The 3.5mm audio jack is often OK to use when connect to powered speakers but I have had some Joggler were I get crackles over that connection.

One is running with a good pair of USB speakers (B&W) and the sound is excellent with the bonus that the remote that came with the speakers also works.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Paul, I'm not intending to change use of the Joggler to be a player.

I'm using it as a controller for a DAC32.

So I want to use a remote (ideally an SB3 remote as others in the house are familiar with that) and effectively use it to control the Joggler display and, therefore, the DAC32 output.

And this idea of Castalla's to use a Flirc adapter seems potentially a good one. Hence my question: has anyone used the precise combination of SB3 remote + Flirc + Joggler reflashed with Squeezeplay?

Perhaps a new thread is in order.

Understood … but eventually you’ll have to quench that thirst and put another player in an obscure location …
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Equally understood. And that's so obscure I can't even see it...

Starting new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    You'll have to change the subject of the thread soon ... I predict 2 phases ...
    1) Joggler as a Squeezebox controller
    2) Joggler as a Squeezebox

People say the sound isn't great but I have found it good enough for a bathroom ... although I did eventually upgrade to a bigger 2 speaker model to improve it.

The 3.5mm audio jack is often OK to use when connect to powered speakers but I have had some Joggler were I get crackles over that connection.

One is running with a good pair of USB speakers (B&W) and the sound is excellent with the bonus that the remote that came with the speakers also works.
    There's another way if you have a separate DAC or amp with a DAC built in which is to add a digital output to the Joggler, the STAC audio chip in the Joggler has spdif so it's a surprisingly straightforward job to add an optical output.

https://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/Internal_SPDIF_output

I didn't remove the standard Jack but mounted mine in the same location used for the coax in the wiki.