Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Problem with adding subscribed music streaming

Running the latest piCorePlayer and LMS.

I have a practical issue. I am using piCorePlayer and LMS and it all works fine except for one thing.

I have a music streaming subscription with many channels. I created playlists that contain all channels and set them in a folder on piCorePlayer and it works fine.

Each channel contains the description for that channel and that is how they show in the playlist tab in LMS. However when I play a channel it replaces that meaningful description with the title of the song or music piece. This means that I cannot find the channels I am interested in any longer by their names but need remember the title of the last piece that was played on that channel which I find impossible to do as there are a couple of hundred of channels.

How can that behaviour be changed? Or is there another way of making the channels available not related to playlist?

Thanks for any help.

I think it is a "feature" of how LMS works.
    However, does the "What Was That Tune?" plugin help?
    I am not sure if it will show you what you are after but it might.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have installed the plugin and restarted the system, but, unfortunately, that does not seem to fix the problem I have. In the playlist the name of the stream is still overridden by the song title.

Perhaps instead of using a playlist is it possible to add the streams under "radio" instead of playlist, or even under "podcasts"? If so, how can that be done? What is the location and format of the URL's for these?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by MidGe View Post

I have installed the plugin and restarted the system, but, unfortunately, that does not seem to fix the problem I have. In the playlist the name of the stream is still overridden by the song title.

Perhaps instead of using a playlist is it possible to add the streams under "radio" instead of playlist, or even under "podcasts"? If so, how can that be done? What is the location and format of the URL's for these?

Thanks again.
    How about saving the streams as favourites? You can give them any name you like.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MidGe View Post

Thanks again.
    You cannot add stream under "Radio" menu - only plugins can add menu items.

I think the underlying issue is that LMS assume the "stream" provides its own metadata (like metadata in a file) but many station do not supply the metadata (e.g. station name, logo) and so LMS display what stations provide.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    How about saving the streams as favourites? You can give them any name you like.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Yes! That seems to work. What's more I can add the streams under different folders by genre as per my subscription of over 200 channels from 5 different stations!
    And I can add them in bulk from the playlists which can be generated from my subscription service.

Thank you very much.