Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Not proven but I haven't had a duplicate since removing it. I should really try syncing the same players using normal synchronisation to see if the issue reappears.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    It’s that candidly, this is the first and only time that it has been reported and I can’t see any logical correlation between the two.
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-10-03 at 16:23.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I used to have Group Player but uninstalled it after I realised it was causing duplicate tracks to appear in my database.
    Blimey, i haven't heard of that before! It really is the most simplest of my plugins, it does nothing more than provide a menu into Global Players API. It has no integration with LMS at all apart from providing an url.

[EDIT] IGNORE THE ABOVE, I misread Group Player, as Global Player (like a fool).
    Last edited by expectingtofly; 2021-10-04 at 03:32.
    Stuart McLean

ExpectingToFly Plugins :
    BBC Sounds, Global Player (UK), Times Radio, UK Radio Player, Virgin Radio (UK) and the Radio Favourites Plugin

For BBC Sounds help see the BBC Sounds Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    Blimey, i haven't heard of that before! It really is the most simplest of my plugins, it does nothing more than provide a menu into Global Players API. It has no integration with LMS at all apart from providing an url.

I'd have to agree, I can't imagine there is any correlation!
    Group Player, not Global Player.
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/Pi screen/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DAC HAT > Edifier
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > Topping E30 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Echo Show 8
    Garage - Rpi4/pCP/AP mode > Touch > Edifier

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi, 1xDAC32, 1xCORE32

Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    I think this was referring to the Philippe's Groups plugin rather than your Global one.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I think this was referring to the Philippe's Groups plugin rather than your Global one.

Ah, that explains it. Confusion reigned! I feel a bit daft now. I've no idea why I read global player, apologies.
    Stuart McLean

ExpectingToFly Plugins :
    BBC Sounds, Global Player (UK), Times Radio, UK Radio Player, Virgin Radio (UK) and the Radio Favourites Plugin

For BBC Sounds help see the BBC Sounds Wiki.

Bookmarks Plugin - great for audio books.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Yes, looking at the plugin options can be daunting, eh? I tend to agree with you, not sure if unneeded plugins "hurt" in any way or are benign.

What I have done is look at the list of installed plugins and if I don't understand exactly what they are, or if I would ever use them, I uninstall. Similarly with uninstalled, or 3rd party. Then see if I "miss them" If you find one that looks "interesting" do a search of this forum or web for more information.

But there are some great plugins, many developed by this community:

There are all of the streaming service plugins - spotty, etc (I don't use a streaming service). Then there are allot of other plugins that open up free services (BBC, CBC, RadioNet, etc). There are plugins to connect to chromecast audio and airplay devices.

Some that are essential for me:
    Music and Artist Information
    Material Skin (including apk for android devices)
    Radio Paradise (FLAC, 4 genre streams)
    You Tube (play audio from any you tube video)
    Podcasts (use Material for easy search/add)
    what was that tune.
    don't stop the music

But there are so many more that I have not tried. I think there are threads here in the forum (somewhere) where people chime in on their favorite extensions/plugins.

Good luck and welcome;
    Jim
    That is pretty much my list except DSTM is part of LMS but I'd add LastMix to use with it.
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    DSTM is part of LMS
    I did not know that! All I knew is I still have it and use it...

Similar to Philippe's "Reliable"? I remember it was to be added to LMS, but see that the plugin is still in the list (however, it cannot be added).

Jim

I did not know that! All I knew is I still have it and use it...

Similar to Philippe's "Reliable"? I remember it was to be added to LMS, but see that the plugin is still in the list (however, it cannot be added).

Jim
    That is what is great about this eco-system - there is always something to learn no matter how long you have used it.
    Jim
    https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Jim
    Itís there if you use a version of LMS < 8.2
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3