Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Itís there if you use a version of LMS < 8.2
    It's in my list of third party plugins with LMS 8.3

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    It's in my list of third party plugins with LMS 8.3

I mean this is way LMS works, AFAIK: the plugin will be listed, you can try to install it but then you'll have a message that it is not compatible with your LMS version and it will not load
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Itís there if you use a version of LMS < 8.2
    I am using 8.2.0 - 1627922070

Reliable appears in the list of 3rd party plugins. If I try to add it, after restart, it appears in the list of active plugins (unchecked) with the message "plugin is incompatible with this version of LMS, please update". So, it cannot be added.

Upon checking, I still have the reliable repository listed in my 3rd party repositories, maybe this is why?

I do remember reading that it is now part of LMS (as of 8.2 I think?). But I thought it's kind of goofy that it's still listed 3rd party, and can't be added. That is why I mentioned what I did...

BTW, thanks for you work on this, podcast listening game changer!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    I am using 8.2.0 - 1627922070

Reliable appears in the list of 3rd party plugins. If I try to add it, after restart, it appears in the list of active plugins (unchecked) with the message "plugin is incompatible with this version of LMS, please update". So, it cannot be added.

Upon checking, I still have the reliable repository listed in my 3rd party repositories, maybe this is why?

I do remember reading that it is now part of LMS (as of 8.2 I think?). But I thought it's kind of goofy that it's still listed 3rd party, and can't be added. That is why I mentioned what I did...

BTW, thanks for you work on this, podcast listening game changer!

Jim
    Yes, installation and loading are two different things, probably because you can up/downgrade LMS and keep the same installedPlugins directory. The features of "reliable" have been extended (cache & persistent) and integrated in LMS 8.2 (in "Network" options)
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Yes, installation and loading are two different things, probably because you can up/downgrade LMS and keep the same installedPlugins directory. The features of "reliable" have been extended (cache & persistent) and integrated in LMS 8.2 (in "Network" options)
    I'm so glad you explained this in detail because I now realize I have running without it (but haven't been listening to podcasts much either). I guess I assumed it was "built in", but even with the old reliable, it has to be enabled. Light bulb moment...

so, now we have:
    Name:  2021-10-05 06_47_01-Server Settings.png
Views: 146
Size:  34.3 KB

So my question would be this - should I run without and address if I run into issues, or just turn on cached and move on? Is the buffered cache stored in the normal LMS "cache folder"? How big can it get, will it buffer and entire, say 1 hour podcast?

I am running LMS on pCP's with a USB HDD. I have a third partition on my SD for LMS files like cache and prefs.

Sorry for taking this thread on a left turn, maybe there is another area that this was discussed? The Announce 8.2 thread maybe?

Jim

I'm so glad you explained this in detail because I now realize I have running without it (but haven't been listening to podcasts much either). I guess I assumed it was "built in", but even with the old reliable, it has to be enabled. Light bulb moment...

so, now we have:
    Name:  2021-10-05 06_47_01-Server Settings.png
Views: 146
Size:  34.3 KB

So my question would be this - should I run without and address if I run into issues, or just turn on cached and move on? Is the buffered cache stored in the normal LMS "cache folder"? How big can it get, will it buffer and entire, say 1 hour podcast?

I am running LMS on pCP's with a USB HDD. I have a third partition on my SD for LMS files like cache and prefs.

Sorry for taking this thread on a left turn, maybe there is another area that this was discussed? The Announce 8.2 thread maybe?

Jim
    I always though "Persistent" mode was equivalent to the Reliable plugin, so no need to use "cached"

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I always though "Persistent" mode was equivalent to the Reliable plugin, so no need to use "cached"

right, agree with persistent = old reliable (good 'ole reliable ) but the description refers to cached as "the way to go", so just looking for insight and maybe some user experience.

Jim

right, agree with persistent = old reliable (good 'ole reliable ) but the description refers to cached as "the way to go", so just looking for insight and maybe some user experience.

Jim
    The bit about wearing out sd cards put me off using cached. I think I'll use persistent until I find a podcast that needs to use cached

Thanks for all the tips!

I especially am going to try the ďpersistent ď option instead of the normal streaming. Hopefully that will resolve some of the glitches Iíve noticed.

Spotty works great too. Although Iím primarily using Qobuz now, Iím looking forward to Spotify lossless sometime later this year

Quote Originally Posted by Bama214 View Post
    Thanks for all the tips!

I especially am going to try the ďpersistent ď option instead of the normal streaming. Hopefully that will resolve some of the glitches Iíve noticed.
    I reread your op, and you mentioned possible network issues. I would suspect and try to resolve those first. For me, "reliable", now "network->persistent" only solved issues with podcasts, and I think that is why Philippe created it (see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...light=reliable )

In my experience, and in so many posts on this forum, issues are solved by addressing the network, and/or replacing power supplies (especially if the player symptoms are bizarre)

Jim