Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    They told me it was an automated payment failure - since resolved.
    if it wasn't for bad luck, they wouldn't have no luck at all....sorry, blues joke

glad they are back...
    Jim

0.0.18 09-Jan-2022
    - Add Supla Kantri and update stream URLs for all of the Supla stations
    - Add Radio Swiss AACplus stream links for Jazz and Pop
    - Add JB Radio2

The JB Radio2 metadata is collected by processing their NowPlaying web page ... so it could easily stop working if they update their page.
    Without this plugin you probably get artist, title and maybe cover art via the LMS TuneIn integration (if you play the MP3 or AAC stream via TuneIn). But this is one of the many stations that TuneIn blocks UK-based listeners from accessing via them.
    In any case, this plugin adds in Year, Album and Duration which you would not get via the TuneIn integration.

The list of streams includes their flac stream. The link is to their flac stream without metadata because the one with metadata is done in an unusual way and it causes problems for LMS that mean that it stops playing after one track.

I'll start taking a look at including info in the new "Radio Favourites" plugin for the next release. However, I do not have programme information for many of the stations so it will be of limited use for now.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Beta 0.0.19a ... (via non-published repo)
    - Add KUTX and KNKX (NPR stations)
    - Add SpoonRadio (Rock stations from Switzerland)

The NPR stations are using the same API (from NPR) and I expect many others do as well so I could probably add quite a few more NPR stations.
    If I do go down that route then I will create a new submenu for NPR otherwise there would be too many.

KNKX is also the home of Jazz24 that is already in RNP. However, I use a different API to access Jazz24 Now Playing information because it has more info.

SpoonRadio was a bit annoying because they use 2 totally different ways to make their music data available.
    This would have meant 2 different top-level menu items in RNP ... so I modified the plugin so that it can handle this special case via a single menu (configuration file) ... which makes things a bit more flexible for the future.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Beta 0.0.19b (via non-published repo)

- Add CherieFM (France) and their 30+ themed channels

Not really happy with this one because their song updates are frequently more than a minute out of sync with their streams and not by a consistent amount.
    Anyway ... for those who tune in to easy listening stations here are around 30 of them.
    The list of stations is sorted alphabetically ... but I'll probably change that to put their FM broadcast station as first in the list.
    I think it is the only one that has any speaking (in French).
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2022-01-14 at 10:16.
    Paul Webster

Beta 0.0.19c (via non-published repo)

- Add JazzRadio.fr and their 30+ themed channels

Turns out that jazzradio.fr uses the same underlying song metadata structure as RadioEspace / Allzic radio ... not a big surprise as I looked a bit more deeply and saw that they have the same owner.
    Strange thing is that jazzradio fails to show song data on their web site, apart from the main broadcast channel.

I also found their XML file that lists of the stations and some attributes - so I moved to use that rather than my hand-crafted list.
    Having found that file, I then looked for something similar on RadioEspace and found it ... so switched to that as well.

Listeners would already have been getting artist & song info because it is in the embedded stream metadata ... but now with this plugin they will get the cover art that the station uses themselves plus where there is no art (they do not have it for all) and provided I can spot that they have provided a placeholder image, then I do a coversearch and fairly frequently find one.
    Paul Webster

JB Radio 2 (FLAC) quirk

Hi Paul;

I noticed a repeatable quirk in listening to JB Radio 2 (FLAC) via RNP. I have not tried the other stations but will. I don't mind at all that this happens, as it's trivial (to me), but I thought you would like it reported:

This happens on a touch.

1) Listen, artwork and artist song info are correct, then pause in the middle of a song. Last night a Richard Thompson song was playing
    2) Wait a period of time greater than one song...
    3) Resume - the richard thompson song (audio) resumes, but with new artist/album art and info. I assume it's what is currently supposed to play. This morning it was Neil Finn. So RT song with Neil Finn on the display.
    4) When the song completes (or maybe the play buffer empties?), the player goes to stop (not rebuffering or anything), then off (clock screensaver)
    5) When I start it back up, song and display are in sync, everything is fine.

Jim

That is indeed a quirk of how things are joined together.
    The plugin is not directly involved in the streaming of the content.
    All it knows (today) is that the playing is playing or not.
    When it is playing then the plugin collected the information about what is playing from the remote source and, for the most part, all it can determine is what the remote site says is playing ... but the remote site is unaware that the player was paused for seconds, minutes or hours.

Press once on fast forward/next to catch up with the live stream and all should be well.
    Paul Webster

Press once on fast forward/next to catch up with the live stream and all should be well.
    Thanks Paul, makes sense, and easy solution. I am just happy that I can listen to their FLAC stream at all, so, thanks again.

Jim

Beta 0.0.19d (via non-published repo)

- Added more EspaceRadio Group (France) stations, each under own top level menu, many of which have their own sub-channels - JazzRadio.fr, Alpes1, M Radio, Generations, La Radio Plus, La Radio Plus Alpes Du Sud, ODS, RVA, Virage, Durance (although they have a problem with their data at present), Nice.

That makes around 40 top-level station groups and over 350 stations now in the plugin.
    Time for a pause so I start looking again at providing data to "Radio Favourites".

At this point it is probably worth a reminder that you can turn off individual top-level menu entries via the plugin settings (requires LMS restart to take effect).

Cherie FM currently seem to be having some problems with data not updating in a timely fashion and cover art being really slow which leads to timeouts when players try to display it. Hopefully it is a short-term problem at their end which they can resolve on Monday.
    Paul Webster

That makes around 40 top-level station groups and over 350 stations now in the plugin.
    Time for a pause so I start looking again at providing data to "Radio Favourites".
    Thanks for all your efforts in this plugin. I use it daily and I'm listening to Cesky Rozhlas Jazz as I type. The range of stations is certainly large and probably more than most people have the time to sample. The great thing is that the range of genres is expanding nicely and there is something for most and an incredible range of French stations.

On the question of NPR, having lived near Washington DC many years ago I believe that WAMU (American University) was the national base station, and all the other stations picked up their national relay programs from them - but I could be wrong, it is about forty years ago. Programs I enjoyed were "All Things Considered" which I think may be still running and "Prairie Home Companion" which I don't think is.

Thanks again

Ian
    Study Server/Player: LMS 8.2.0 on Pi 4B pCp 8.1.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Player pCp 8.1.0 on Pi4b/IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Player pCp 8.1.0 on Pi 3B / IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Player/ADC pCp 8.1.0 on Pi 3B / IQ audio Codec +
    PC Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.