Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    When you cannot see if in the regular interface it is probably because there is an album name or programme synopsis ... and it is displayed in the place where the station name would otherwise be shown.

You should be able to usually, not always, see something representing the name of the station in the stream URL - which you can see in Default skin via "M" for More.

I'll take a look to see if I can add it in a custom field under More.
    I might be "mis-remembering" but I thought there was a setting somewhere (LMS, material, player?) where you could disable one of artist/song/album parameters (it is album?) and the station ID would show in it's place.

Forgive me if I am thinking of something else, unrelated, it happens

Jim

In the plugin you can disable the collection of album name.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    In the plugin you can disable the collection of album name.
    thanks, that's what I was thinking of. But, doesn't it give @whitman what he is looking for? I enabled the Select if you do not want the album name to appear and for Jazz 24:
    Name:  cros.png
Views: 152
Size:  18.3 KB

There it is. I agree that it would be nice on <more> but this does identify the station playing (at the expense of the album)

Jim

Beta 0.0.24d
    - Add Organ Media (Organ Live, Positively Baroque, The Organ Experience) with artist (player), title, album, year, label and cover

There are some convoluted things implemented because of this one.
    Although all 3 stations from "Organ Media Foundation" use a common infrastructure ... it is not 100% the same across each station.
    So there are complications in how I have implemented it. It is clear that they have been going through some changes but I am not sure which station represents the future direction so I have tried to handle all of them in a way that might work as they make their future changes.

I think that they have an issue with how they encoded accented characters in their JSON data. So for now you might well see problems with them.

I might also change the "duration". At the moment it is using the track duration but they also indicate how much time is left ... which could be useful when starting to listen to a station part way through a track.
    Some other station groups provide the scheduled start time and duration so I can then work out how long there is left ... but for the Organ Media data they do not give that. So I might use the time left as the indicator of the track duration. Not 100% correct but at least it means that the track audio ends when the remaining time is near zero.

They also have a messy set of audio URLs. This makes it a bit difficult for me to match the audio URL with the station.
    So .. if you play the station using a URL from somewhere other than the plugin menu then you might find that you do not see a full set of track information.
    In that case - let me know which URL you were tuned into and I'll see if I can incorporate it.

I have only included their 320kbps streams but I expect I could add the lower rate ones that exist for some stations if needed.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Beta 0.0.24e
    - Add ATOS (American Theatre Organ Society) - artist, title, album, duration and cover

I noticed a link to ATOS from the Organ Experience pages ... so I had a look.
    No JSON data but a relatively simple HTML page with quite a lot of information on what looks like a stable web site ... so I put in some code to parse it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Paul Webster

Beta 0.0.24g
    - Add Mechanical Music Radio - artist (performer), title and cover if they provide something
    - Add Organroxx - artist (performer), title, album, year, duration, cover - only the ad-supported free stream

Added Mechanical Music Radio to the repertoire with the hope that they play something like this

Organroxx has 4 stations. This only includes the ad-supported free one because I do not know the stream URLs for the subscription stations. I do have the meta data for all of them though. So if there is a subscriber around that could give me the syntax of the subscription URLs (without giving away any credentials etc) then I should be able to include them as metadata-only stations (not in the menu).

With this set that is probably enough organ and organ related stations for now!
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2022-07-06 at 06:21.
    Paul Webster

Beta 0.0.24h
    For Organroxx - now supports Free and Premium streams (premium not in menu)

This does not by-pass the organroxx premium system - but will recognise when you are playing one their premium streams using your personalised stream URL.
    Paul Webster

Beta 0.0.24i
    - Add KMHD - (KMHD, OPB, KMHD2) programme title, description, duration, song artist, title, album, cover via coversearch - their song timings can be out by tens of seconds or even minutes

I have turned off "duration" for the songs from KMHD because their timings are often more than 30 seconds wrong (have seen 10 minutes for some listening sessions) and having a progress bar highlights the problem and makes it a bit more annoying.

KMHD2 has a HLS stream, but it does not work with PlayHLSv2 version 2.9 - so use the alternative stream instead.

This is the release candidate for 0.0.24
    Paul Webster

Beta 0.0.24j
    - Add Yle Finland 8 stations (plus regional variations) - programme (title, description, duration, cover) and song (artist, title, cover plus coversearch) - song info not always available

So much for 24i being the release candidate.

The request for help that came in yesterday for someone trying to play something from Finnish service Yle set me off looking for their stream URLs ... and in doing that I saw that their song and programme metadata was available and it was not being put into their in-stream metadata ... so I decided to add it into the plugin.
    It mostly worked without any software changes but there were a couple of complications - mainly because they use the same field names for songs and programmes. This is an issue because I tried to make the plugin handle data without the code having to know what it was supposed to represent.
    Anyway - a few tweaks and it is working.
    Their classical station (Klassinen) does not provide an artist name in the artist field so I had to make a change to handle that with the result that I invented an artist called "-".

The new code might have broken things for stations that provide programme data as well as song data. It seems OK for the stations that I tested, however, if one of the stations that you usually listen to does provide both then please check that it still works.
    Paul Webster

10-Jul-2022 - 0.0.24
    - Add WBGO (Programme name synopsis, artist name, track title, album and duration plus cover (coversearch) and related The Jazz Bee add cover (coversearch) plus reformat to get track title and album
    - Add Classical24 - artist (first of orchestra or soloist or artist), title, album, label plus art via coversearch
    - Add TSF Jazz - artist, title, duration and cover (augmented by coversearch)
    - Add Organ Media (Organ Live, Positively Baroque, The Organ Experience) with artist (player), title, album, year, label, duration and cover
    - Add ATOS (American Theatre Organ Society) - artist, title, album, duration and cover
    - Add Mechanical Music Radio - artist (performer), title and cover if they provide something
    - Add Organroxx - artist (performer), title, album, year, duration, cover - supports Free and Premium streams (premium not in menu)
    - Add KMHD - (KMHD, OPB, KMHD2) programme title, description, duration, song artist, title, album, cover via coversearch - their song timings can be out by tens of seconds or even minutes
    - Add Yle Finland 8 stations (plus regional variations) - programme (title, description, duration, cover) and song (artist, title, cover plus coversearch) - song info not always available
    Paul Webster