Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    I never knew there was one! But, I'm not on facebook, so maybe that's why
    I've just had another request via that place ... and was able to do it ... so
    KUNC and The Colorado Sound are in the next build.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

I noticed something weird. Not sure if it belongs on this thread, or even if it's user error. I'll start here...

I have automatically update plugins checked, and use material's "restart required" icon to let me know when a plugin has been updated requiring a restart. I might not get to it right away, and also RNP has been being updated alot (thanks for the new music Paul).

So this AM (US), Material prompted a restart, and I complied. But it prompted a restart again, and again...I have gone through the exercise 10 times. So I went to the pcP UI and restarted. Finally the default LMS UI. They all say I need another restart.

I did notice in the default LMS additional repositories I had the RNP repository twice, so I deleted one, didn't help.

One thing I have noticed in the past (have others?) If a plugin update occurs, and is pending a restart, the plugin is missing from the list of plugins (see below). Once the restart completes the plugin update, it reappears in the list. In this case, RNP is missing from the list (both in Material and LMS default), I checked each time I restarted.

But, RNP does launch from "my apps".

I have held off rebooting my pcp server in cas this isn't user error and something needs investigating

Jim

Name:  restart.png
Views: 114
Size:  46.1 KB

It is almost certainly my fault.
    I make new builds by hand and having done 3 today it is likely that I had one with an incorrect checksum or version mismatch.
    LMS caches the information for about 30 minutes ... so even though I am pretty sure things are correct at the moment, you might have to wait a while before LMS catches up. Leave it for a bit before the next restart.
    Because you have automatic update enabled, the plugin is not listed as installed while there is an update pending restart.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Delicious Agony say they have re-encoded the offending Station IDs and promos so the issue with the stream stopping should be fixed. There appears to be an issue with their website at the moment so hopefully they will turn it off and turn it on again soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Delicious Agony say they have re-encoded the offending Station IDs and promos so the issue with the stream stopping should be fixed. There appears to be an issue with their website at the moment so hopefully they will turn it off and turn it on again soon.

Website is back so time to test the stream

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    .... so even though I am pretty sure things are correct at the moment, you might have to wait a while before LMS catches up. Leave it for a bit before the next restart.
    Thanks Paul, restarted 2x, now LMS is happy....

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Website is back so time to test the stream

oh the influence the squeezebox boys wield!

actually, nice proactive response from the station...

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    oh the influence the squeezebox boys wield!

actually, nice proactive response from the station...

Jim
    I've had the stream stop once since then and I let them know which promo it was in case they missed one.

I have been adding another station set following a facebook request.
    This time it is KCSN/KSBR/88.5FM/Jazz HD3/Latin Alt HD3
    https://www.885fm.org

Has been a bit of a challenge.

Their jazz station usually (but not always) puts artist names in style
    surname, givenname
    So some new stuff to handle that.

One that had me confused for a while is that for some of their content, including the stream for Alt Latin, the block access if the http user-agent starts with:
    iTunes (case insensitive)
    ... which, unfortunately, is the default for LMS.

I was able to get around that when fetching json from them (by changing the user-agent on my http request) but for requests that I do not directly control (such as displaying the cover art or playing the stream) it results in them failing (timing out).

You can repeat it by using ffplay from ffmpeg ... e.g.
    ffplay -user_agent "itune/123" "https://stream.885fm.org/latinalt/stream.mp3"
    will work, but
    ffplay -user_agent "itunes/123" "https://stream.885fm.org/latinalt/stream.mp3"
    will not

I will contact them to see if that is a restriction that they still need to keep in place (I presume that there is a genuine historical reason for it based on something they saw long ago).
    Paul Webster

0.0.23 - 26/Jun/2022
    - Migrate CBC Canada (stream URLs now hls)
    - Add Mi AMiGO International (part-time song info)
    - Add Sveriges Radio (SR) (Sweden) with 37 stations of which over 20 are the regional versions of P4
    - Add The Jazz Groove - adds album, year and cover art - Mix-1 and Mix-2 for everyone (in menu) plus Dreams, Gems and Smooth for JG subscribers (but not in menu)
    - Add Blues Radio (Athens, Greece) adds art (coversearch)
    - Add Progzilla add art (coversearch)
    - Add Delicious Agony - adds art (coversearch) and, with risky match, album and year
    - Add Stellar Attraction - adds art (coversearch)
    - Add Morow - adds album, art (theirs or if none then tries coversearch) and duration
    - Add progrock.com - adds album, year and art (coversearch)
    - Add Whisperings Radio (Solo Piano Radio) - adds album, duration and art (coversearch)
    - Add KXT - North Texas - adds art (coversearch)
    - Add KERA - Dallas, Texas - programme title and duration (NPR)
    - Add KUZU - Denton, Texas - adds art (coversearch)
    - Add KUNC and The Colorado Sound - KUNC adds programme name and duration. TCS adds art (coversearch)
    - Add KCSN (88.5FM, Latin Alt HD3, Jazz HD2) - adds art (coversearch) ... note Latin Alt HD3 does not play at present

I decided to make a full release so that people who have requested stations but are not beta testers can give it a try.

Should become available in LMS in a few hours.
    Paul Webster