Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Podcasts on the LMS-server

Hi,

I have an LMS-server running on a raspberry pie 3b. In the plugin settings I noticed that you can pick gpodder as the podcast provider but there's no option to enter username and password. Can aynone perhaps point to me to the right direction here?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by tpunkt View Post
    Hi,

I have an LMS-server running on a raspberry pie 3b. In the plugin settings I noticed that you can pick gpodder as the podcast provider but there's no option to enter username and password. Can aynone perhaps point to me to the right direction here?

Thank you!
    Why would you need to enter username and password?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Iĺve not added the possibility to use credentials with GPodder. At this point, using PodcastIndex is the recommended option
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Why would you need to enter username and password?

To sync subscribed podcasts with my other devices

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I’ve not added the possibility to use credentials with GPodder. At this point, using PodcastIndex is the recommended option
    Alright. Well, I'm a newby and didn't expect to get an answer right from the main developer. So first of all, thank you for all your work and maintenance of this and all the other plugins you've come up with! I suppose there's no way that a login feature to sync pods across several devices could be implemented at some point in the future?

Also, I haven't seen the option to provide the API-key for PodcasrIndex either - or did I miss something?
    Last edited by tpunkt; 2021-09-27 at 11:39.

Just go to 'Podcasts' in server settings, and scroll down to 'podcast provider' and pick podcastindex. You don't need login credentials.
    Setup: Living room: 1 Raspberry Pi 2 with Max2Play as server and Squeezelite (Hifiberry), Kitchen: 1 Radio, Room: 1 Boom
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1594451286 @ Sat Jul 11 09:20:48 CEST 2020
    http://www.last.fm/user/adjunkten | http://www.lektoren.dk

So this probably means there is no way to teach my squeezelite server which podcasts I like and/ or sync them across devices?
    Thanks

question for using PodcastExt

This is a question for @philippe44 and his PodcastExt Plugin:
    How / where do I set the country when using Apple/iTunes?

Background: My LMS is setup for german location / language;
    however, I would like to be able to also select US / GB for searching podcasts.
    How / where can I do that?
    (especially, as it states in the PodcastExt Plugin Settings: "iTunes needs to set the country for which podcast are listed "

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    This is a question for @philippe44 and his PodcastExt Plugin:
    How / where do I set the country when using Apple/iTunes?

Background: My LMS is setup for german location / language;
    however, I would like to be able to also select US / GB for searching podcasts.
    How / where can I do that?
    (especially, as it states in the PodcastExt Plugin Settings: "iTunes needs to set the country for which podcast are listed "
    It's already there. If you select "iTunes" in the Podcast provider (it in the Podcast tab) then in the settings for the PodcastExt plugin you'll see a country. I agree it's a bit contorted, but I would need to add a "capability" in the Provider base class for the ones that can use country, so that's another item displayed in the podcast settings - It's probably doable now, it was not at the beginning but that will only be a 8.3 solution
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    It's already there. If you select "iTunes" in the Podcast provider (it in the Podcast tab) then in the settings for the PodcastExt plugin you'll see a country. I agree it's a bit contorted, but I would need to add a "capability" in the Provider base class for the ones that can use country, so that's another item displayed in the podcast settings - It's probably doable now, it was not at the beginning but that will only be a 8.3 solution
    I don't see a country in the Podcast Extensions settings.