Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PLEASE INCLUDE LATEST AUDIO SCAN 1.05 for LMS 8.3.0 Unix Tarball - No CPAN Libraries

I have installed LMS 8.3.0 Unix Tarball - No CPAN Libraries (logitechmediaserver-8.3.0-1632226822-noCPAN.tgz) on a ASUSTOR NAS (i686 linux). The Audio Scan version of this build is 0.93 but it does not support DSD tagging. All my DSD files cannot be scanned. Audio Scan 0.96 onwards has support for DSD.

I understand that the latest version of Audio Scan is 1.05 and has been installed in other linux systems such as Unix Tarball (i386, x86_64, i386 FreeBSD, ARM EABI, PowerPC), but not for NO CPAN libraries systems.

Would greatly appreciate if a kind soul-aka-developer could include the latest version of Audio Scan for Unix Tarball - No CPAN Libraries operating systems. Thank you in advance!!!

If you are using the nocpan tarball, then you must compile it yourself. Audio scan requires an architecture dependent compiled library.
    Last edited by paul-; 2021-09-22 at 20:01.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

PLEASE INCLUDE LATEST AUDIO SCAN1.05 for LMS 8.3.0 Unix Tarball - No CPAN Libraries

> I have installed LMS 8.3.0 Unix Tarball - No CPAN Libraries
    > (logitechmediaserver-8.3.0-1632226822-noCPAN.tgz) on a ASUSTOR NAS (i686
    > linux). The Audio Scan version of this build is 0.93 but it does not
    > support DSD tagging. All my DSD files cannot be scanned. Audio Scan
    > 0.96 onwards has support for DSD.

As the tarball's filename says it does not include those modules. It
    must be something else providing them to your system. You should go back
    to the instructions you used to install LMS and see what else you had to
    install. One of those packages might be responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I have installed LMS 8.3.0 Unix Tarball - No CPAN Libraries
    > (logitechmediaserver-8.3.0-1632226822-noCPAN.tgz) on a ASUSTOR NAS (i686
    > linux). The Audio Scan version of this build is 0.93 but it does not
    > support DSD tagging. All my DSD files cannot be scanned. Audio Scan
    > 0.96 onwards has support for DSD.

As the tarball's filename says it does not include those modules. It
    must be something else providing them to your system. You should go back
    to the instructions you used to install LMS and see what else you had to
    install. One of those packages might be responsible.
    Noted. I installed LMS 7.7.2, downloaded from ASUSTOR site (https://appdownload.asustor.com/). Filename: 0010_14587_1380861119_lms_7.7.2.r0127c_any.apk. From there, I upgraded to LMS 8.3.0. There was no other instructions when installing LMS 7.7.2.

I am not familiar with Linux. However, I will have a look at your suggestions. Thanks for pointing the way.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    If you are using the nocpan tarball, then you must compile it yourself. Audio scan requires an architecture dependent compiled library.
    I am not familiar with Linux. However, I will have a look at your suggestions. Thanks for pointing the way.

PLEASE INCLUDE LATEST AUDIO SCAN1.05 for LMS 8.3.0 Unix Tarball - No CPAN Libraries

> Noted. I installed LMS 7.7.2, downloaded from ASUSTOR site
    > (https://appdownload.asustor.com/). Filename:
    > 0010_14587_1380861119_lms_7.7.2.r0127c_any.apk. From there, I upgraded
    > to LMS 8.3.0.
    >
    > I am not familiar with Linux. However, I will have a look at your
    > suggestions. Thanks for pointing the way.

What Perl version and CPU architecture are you using? Run "perl -v" and
    report the output.

I'm puzzled about your statement that the NoCPAN version would include Audio::Scan version 0.93. There is no such module inside the release tarball and so if you did not create it yourself it must be a left-over from the previous installation of LMS (7.7.2 if I gather correctly).

The suggested method for getting the up to date support modules is to fetch this repository: https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver-vendor
    There is a script called `buildme.sh` in the CPAN folder of that repository which will create all the required support modules. On a slow CPU this can take several hours because it also builds all the underlying required packages to be included in the resulting library.

An important note here is that there is a fairly nasty bug in LMS that can in fact not be resolved. It is quite possible for users to never encounter this bug, however since you are using a NAS as a host it is extremely likely that it has some kind of web based GUI and that is usually based on Perl. This is where the bug manifests itself because not every Perl module will honor the search path order set by LMS and when you find that LMS wont start up and run it in debug mode you will see messages that some module does not have the expected version. When this happens you should delete the whole installation and start over only this time use your system's package manager to install the required modules. Report back if you need any help at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Noted. I installed LMS 7.7.2, downloaded from ASUSTOR site
    > (https://appdownload.asustor.com/). Filename:
    > 0010_14587_1380861119_lms_7.7.2.r0127c_any.apk. From there, I upgraded
    > to LMS 8.3.0.
    >
    > I am not familiar with Linux. However, I will have a look at your
    > suggestions. Thanks for pointing the way.

What Perl version and CPU architecture are you using? Run "perl -v" and
    report the output.
    $ perl -v
    This is perl 5, version 28, subversion 0 (v5.28.0) built for x86_64-linux

Quote Originally Posted by gordonb3 View Post
    I'm puzzled about your statement that the NoCPAN version would include Audio::Scan version 0.93. There is no such module inside the release tarball and so if you did not create it yourself it must be a left-over from the previous installation of LMS (7.7.2 if I gather correctly).
    Yes, I believe Audio::Scan version 0.93 came with LMS 7.7.2.

Quote Originally Posted by gordonb3 View Post
    The suggested method for getting the up to date support modules is to fetch this repository: https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver-vendor
    There is a script called `buildme.sh` in the CPAN folder of that repository which will create all the required support modules. On a slow CPU this can take several hours because it also builds all the underlying required packages to be included in the resulting library.
    I am a Linux newbie. Can you please guide me through the steps.

1. Do I download only buildme.sh and Audio-Scan-1.05.tar.gz? I think i need to mask off those modules that I don't want to install in buildme.sh. Is that correct?
    2. After download, where are the files copied to?
    3. I found a file README.md which seems to suggest running buildme.sh in the /CPAN directory.

In most cases it should be good enough to just run ./buildme.sh from this folder.

Once compilation is done, copy the folder in build/arch/{Perl version}/{your architecture string}/ to the corresponding folder in the Logitech Media Server CPAN folder. Eg. from this CPAN folder:

cp -r build/arch/5.26/aarch64-linux-thread-multi /path/to/slimserver/CPAN/arch/5.26/

4. From point 3 above, when I run "find -name CPAN", it returns the following. Which CPAN directory should buildme.sh and audioscan file be copied to?

./volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/perl/lib/perl5/5.28.0/CPAN
    ./volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/perl/lib/perl5/5.28.0/Parse/CPAN
    ./volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/lib/perl5/5.10.0/CPAN
    ./volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN

5. Currently, I can find Scan.pm under the /CPAN/Audio directory. Is this where the current Audio::Scan version 0.93 file is located?

/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/Audio $ ls
    Scan.pm

Thank you for your patience.
    Last edited by viperrabbit; 2021-09-23 at 07:05.

Quote Originally Posted by viperrabbit View Post
    Yes, I believe Audio::Scan version 0.93 came with LMS 7.7.2.

I am a Linux newbie. Can you please guide me through the steps.

1. Do I download only buildme.sh and Audio-Scan-1.05.tar.gz? I think i need to mask off those modules that I don't want to install in buildme.sh. Is that correct?
    2. After download, where are the files copied to?
    3. I found a file README.md which seems to suggest running buildme.sh in the /CPAN directory.

In most cases it should be good enough to just run ./buildme.sh from this folder.

Once compilation is done, copy the folder in build/arch/{Perl version}/{your architecture string}/ to the corresponding folder in the Logitech Media Server CPAN folder. Eg. from this CPAN folder:

cp -r build/arch/5.26/aarch64-linux-thread-multi /path/to/slimserver/CPAN/arch/5.26/

4. From point 3 above, when I run "find -name CPAN", it returns the following. Which CPAN directory should buildme.sh and audioscan file be copied to?

./volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/perl/lib/perl5/5.28.0/CPAN
    ./volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/perl/lib/perl5/5.28.0/Parse/CPAN
    ./volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/lib/perl5/5.10.0/CPAN
    ./volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN

5. Currently, I can find Scan.pm under the /CPAN/Audio directory. Is this where the current Audio::Scan version 0.93 file is located?

/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/lms/ssoas/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/Audio $ ls
    Scan.pm

Thank you for your patience.

I did some exploration... copied the two files to my Music directory and run buildme.sh (running ./buildme.sh does not work). Many errors were thrown... I think the syntax is not compatible.

admin@10G-NAS:/volume1/Music $ sh buildme.sh
    : not found line 42:
    : not found line 50:
    buildme.sh: line 51: function: not found
    buildme.sh [args] [target]
    -h this help
    -c do not run make clean
    -i <lmsbase> install modules in lmsbase directory
    -p <perlbin > set custom perl binary
    -r do not rename all x86 archs to "i386"
    -t do not run tests

target: make target - if not specified all will be built

: not found line 64: }
    : not found line 65:
    buildme.sh: line 67: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting "in")

Any suggestions?