Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Early made-in-USA Slim Devices SB3 ... worth anything?

I have a made-in-USA Slim Devices SB3 I bought in 2006 that is in excellent condition, along with all the original accessories and packaging.
    It's just been sitting in my closet unused for years ... is it worth anything, or should I just send it off for recycling?

Quote Originally Posted by USAudio View Post
    I have a made-in-USA Slim Devices SB3 I bought in 2006 that is in excellent condition, along with all the original accessories and packaging.
    It's just been sitting in my closet unused for years ... is it worth anything, or should I just send it off for recycling?
    It's worth something, no doubt, especially if it was working well when you stopped using it.

(I'm sure many of us would happily reimburse shipping costs, but a quick search on That Famous Auction Website shows that, yeah, there's still a remarkable amount of value in old SB3/Classic players.)
    owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
    (which used to reside at www. tux.org/~peterw/)
    Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much time on the forums.
    Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
    FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
    SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

Quote Originally Posted by peterw View Post
    It's worth something, no doubt, especially if it was working well when you stopped using it.

(I'm sure many of us would happily reimburse shipping costs, but a quick search on That Famous Auction Website shows that, yeah, there's still a remarkable amount of value in old SB3/Classic players.)
    Thanks Peter! So would you recommend "That Famous Auction Website" to sell it, or somewhere else?

I have "Four" of these SB3s, all fully functional. One streaming my Pandora music channels right now. First two I bought directly from Slim Designs in 2006, made in Mountain View California..

If you can find someone to replace the capacitors, they just go on and on..

I would buy it , but I think four SB3s (all with new Caps) is more than enough.
    Last edited by chamonix; 2021-09-24 at 08:47.

Quote Originally Posted by chamonix View Post
    I have "Four" of these SB3s, all fully functional. One streaming my Pandora music channels right now. First two I bought directly from Slim Designs in 2006, made in Mountain View California..

If you can find someone to replace the capacitors, they just go on and on..

I would buy it , but I think four SB3s (all with new Caps) is more than enough.
    One more as "backup"???