Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slartibartfast
    • Jan 2010

Windows 10 crackling audio (Realtek)

Does anyone else have an issue with crackling audio on Windows 10 with Realtek audio? It seems to be a common issue judging by internet searches but solutions are hard to come by. I finally found a solution that works, changing registry entries for Realtek Power settings but the side effect was that the laptop would no longer sleep after the selected timeout. i changed the "IdlePowerState" and "PerformanceIdleTime" to "ff ff ff ff". Does anyone know have any idea how to fix the sound issues and retain the ability to allow the laptop to sleep?
    Attached Files
    Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
    Bedroom: Radio
    Bathroom: Radio
  • d6jg
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by slartibartfast
    Does anyone else have an issue with crackling audio on Windows 10 with Realtek audio? It seems to be a common issue judging by internet searches but solutions are hard to come by. I finally found a solution that works, changing registry entries for Realtek Power settings but the side effect was that the laptop would no longer sleep after the selected timeout. i changed the "IdlePowerState" and "PerformanceIdleTime" to "ff ff ff ff". Does anyone know have any idea how to fix the sound issues and retain the ability to allow the laptop to sleep?
    Use a USB sound card. Even a £10 one is as good sound wise as an onboard sound chip.
    Jim

pCP9.0 / LMS 9.x storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Kitchen WiiM Pro -> Topping MX3 - B&W In Ceiling speakers
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Celestions F10s

Comment

• slartibartfast
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by d6jg
      Use a USB sound card. Even a £10 one is as good sound wise as an onboard sound chip.
      This is just an annoyance when monitoring Audacity recordings and making Zoom calls. It actually seems to be behaving itself at the moment.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
      Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
      Bedroom: Radio
      Bathroom: Radio

Comment

Working...