Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    since you're running LMS 8.2 you may want to tick the "community firmware" in LMS > Settings > Plugins. This will update any TOUCH, RADIO, or duet CONTROLLER's firmware to 8.0.1. I've been running this a while and have zero issues. Note that after installing the plugin, it may be 24 hours before you see your TOUCH show on its screen an option to update firmware (or on TOUCH menu go to settings, advanced, software updates, all after about 24 hours).
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll go and have a play later on today. I'm spending tonight listening to music and enjoying not having to poke around in the advanced section
    Last edited by onesandnoughts; 2021-09-16 at 12:54.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    You also need to enable it. Settings > Advanced > Community . . .

Attachment 35752
    Duly noted and appreciated

Issue resolved :)

So a final update on this if anyone is searching on the web and runs into this problem.

After 24 hours the same issues returned so back to square one. After a bit of digging around on the web it appears that the powerline adaptors I use can be prone to going off line at random. Our house was rewired about 15 years ago and the main breaker board is younger than this so I'm inclined to be believe it's the powerline. They are TPLink units TL PA4020P and TL PA4010P. I updated firmware on both of them, turned off power saving mode on both, reset the router and modem and still got random cutting out. So out they came, super long ethernet cable back in, another reset of router / modem and Touch and, lo and behold, sonic joy

So I let the sytem run like this for 48 hours and got zero interruptions or drop outs so it's definitely our wiring or the powerlines. After umming and aahing and seeking advice I thought I'd try wifi for a bit rather than fork out yet more money on powerlines - may well try Devolo in the future. So I fiddled around with the router position as best I could - it wasn't ideal to start with - and have been running the Touch on wifi for about a week now with no issues at all.

So the long and short - Ethernet, ethernet, ethernet.

Quote Originally Posted by onesandnoughts View Post
    After a bit of digging around on the web it appears that the powerline adaptors I use can be prone to going off line at random. Our house was rewired about 15 years ago and the main breaker board is younger than this so I'm inclined to be believe it's the powerline.
    I have not used powerline adaptors, but it has always been my understanding that they work best on the same circuit (breaker) but at least need to be on the same phase leg to work reliably or at all.

Here in the US/Northeast, power comes into our homes 240VAC - two hot "phases" (A,B or odd/even) and a neutral (and a ground of course). You obtain 240v between A+B, you have two "phases" of 120vac each between A + neutral and B + neutral. In your panel (typically) one phase is the left side row (A or odd number breakers), the other on the right (B or even number breakers).

So (again only my understanding, never tried) both the tx and rx of the adaptors need to both be on breakers of even or odd number, and work best (?) if they are on the same breaker, which allot of the time is not practical (allot of the time one breaker feeds an area/room.

If you are curious, maybe you could check this and try moving one or the other, at least as a test.

Jim