Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: LMS and Kodi

jvromans@squirrel.nl

LMS and Kodi

Hi,

Maybe I'm talking nonsense, but is there a LMS (SqueezePlayer) plugin for
    Kodi? Treat Kodi as a player, and have it display album art and such...?

-- Johan

Yes.
    See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=313912 and also XSqueeze.
    I remember trying them years ago and even supplying a very small update to XSqueeze but I do not know how well it/they work nowadays with Kodi 19.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Dandelion Radio, Europa Radio Jazz, Frequence3, FSK, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Radio Swiss, RTE Ireland, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

Yeah I have used it on osmc and libreelec until few months back when I migrated Kodi to android TV. I remember vaguely I had to tweak some code of it and install some other media tools or smth (at least on osmc) Out of box there was problem with stopping playback after second. Tbh you may as well just install squeezelite on its own and control it from other devices as interface on kodi ain't that great.
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezelite (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro on OSMC), Material Skin Apk, Squeeze Commander, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Sorry, but XSqueeze is archived and not Kodi 19 friendly. It probably wouldn't be too hard to port it to Python3, but it was pretty much the first Python I wrote and is generally...not great. I wrote it as a demo to show someone that it could be done and then got a bit carried away, but never actually used it in any real way, personally - LOL.

Someone else wrote the other one, and it was a cleaner approach, but they have left the Kodi world completely. It would probably make more sense to port that one to Python3.

What was really desired was essentially a c/c++ library version of squeezeplay (or whatever efforts are out there these days) - and then integration into Kodi as an actual Kodi player, rather than relying on all the external stuff. If Kodi supported LMS as a first class citizen, it would be very cool. But my C days are long, long behind me.

(I still do use/maintain the reverse tool - XSqueezeDisplay where you can show Kodi 'Now Playing' info on your Squeezebox display...see https://github.com/bossanova808/repo...e.bossanova808 )

Since Kodi works as a DLNA renderer, you should be able to use the UPNP bridge plugin. I do this to JRiver, and it plays perfectly, with album art sent to the player.
    Own music plus Qobuz, PC, UPNP/DLNA bridge, JRiver as digital XO
    System 1: Lynx AES16, 5x SMSL DACs, various amps, 5 way horns
    System 2: Asus Xonar u7, Restek Sixtant, Heybrook Sextet
    3xBoom, 1xRadio

jvromans@squirrel.nl

LMS and Kodi

On Mon, 27 Sep 2021 16:16:01 +0000, adamslim
    <adamslim.a8n7o0 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

> Since Kodi works as a DLNA renderer, you should be able to use the UPNP
    > bridge plugin. I do this to JRiver, and it plays perfectly, with album
    > art sent to the player.

Nice!!