Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Boom can't connect to mysqueezebox.com

Hi, I had been using a squeezebox boom to listen to radio many moons ago - and few years back it just stopped connecting to the online server. So I parked it in the garage. I'm now trying to revive it and need some help.

I have tried a factory reset (from menu as well as pressing a combination of buttons) and keep getting the same issue: I can connect to the wifi network, the unit obtains an IP and when I ask it to "connect to mysqueezebox.com" it says "connecting" and then doesn't do anything. When it is in this state, my account says the box is connected (if I check via my laptop), but even if I try to use the remote function via the website it doesn't do anything.

If I connect it to a server on my laptop everything works fine - but that means I have to switch my laptop on whenever I want to listen to a radio station. I've tried to connect it to the laptop first then to force it to connect to the online server - same issue.

The unit has firmware 57 and its MAC is 00:04:20:1f:82:8c

Is there a way I could connect the unit directly to mysqueezebox.com so I can listen to my favourite radio stations?

Cheers.

> The unit has firmware 57 and its MAC is 00:04:20:1f:82:8c

Can you double check whether this is the same in the firmware menu (or
    as reported by LMS) and on the sticker at the bottom of the device?

> Is there a way I could connect the unit directly to mysqueezebox.com so
    > I can listen to my favourite radio stations?

If you sign your LMS in to mysb, you should have access to them from LMS.

Just checked and it is the same as the one on the bottom of the box and on the LMS server.
    I bought this from new so no previous owners.

This is what I get from server.log (comes up in red so I presume it means trouble)

{21-09-15 10:09:43.5765] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (431) Unable to login to SN: Timed out waiting for data
    [21-09-15 10:09:43.5771] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_init_error (156) Unable to login to mysqueezebox.com, sync is disabled: Timed out waiting for data (https://www.mysqueezebox.com)
    [21-09-15 10:09:43.5776] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_init_error (172) mysqueezebox.com sync init failed: Timed out waiting for data, will retry in 300 (https://www.mysqueezebox.com)
    [21-09-15 10:11:04.0040] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_player s_error (377) Unable to get players from SN: An unexpected error occurred while validating your mysqueezebox.com account. Please make sure network connectivity is working fine., retrying in 900 seconds
    [21-09-15 10:11:06.0106] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_player s_error (377) Unable to get players from SN: An unexpected error occurred while validating your mysqueezebox.com account. Please make sure network connectivity is working fine., retrying in 1800 seconds

I can connect online to mysqueezebox.com using my email address and password so don't quite understand where is the issue.

> Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_player s_error (377) Unable
    > to get players from SN: An unexpected error occurred while validating
    > your mysqueezebox.com account. Please make sure network connectivity is
    > working fine., retrying in 900 seconds

What LMS version are you using? On what macOS version? Older versions
    have outdated SSL libraries which might require some manual work. See
    eg.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post925539

LMS 8.2.0 on windows 10.

As I said before, in the past I used to press the power button, the gizmo would then connect automatically to mysqueezebox.com, then I would simply press 1-6 where my favourite radio stations were stored.

Now I can't get the bloomin thing to connect to the online server. Interestingly when it gets stuck on "connecting" if I go online it shows as "connected". I've tried to disconnect it, to remove it - no change. Also despite saying "connected" the online remote doesn't do anything - the gizmo stays stuck on "connecting".

It connects to a LMS on my laptop and then the radio stations work when pressing 1-6. But I would like to be able to do this without needing to connect it to a local server first.

Happy to share privately my online account details if it helps.