Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Ok, something is not right. I am not hearing what you are hearing. I may not recognize compression (not on all songs as you have noted), but I would know a quick fade out (on every song?), and I have not. I'll listen again today.

I would hate to have anyone be steered from this station by this conversation, rather people should listen with their own ears. I "defend" because it has always (along with RP 320 and FLAC) been a couple of the better sound quality stations in this work predominated with 128kbps stations. Regardless of whatever is happening or not happening, I still prefer it to 128kbps. I also "defend" because I have some "stubborn" in me (me stubborn?, nah...)

I should say at this point I don't use a streaming service (yet). Perhaps these would make internet stationed passÚ, and this defense moot. My Library and the flac and high bitrate stations are my quality sources.

I wonder if something is happening as the signal crosses the ocean . Now you have me inspired to dig into this a little more next week. I'll record the signal as it only has to travel from Toronto to Northern New York. It will have to cross Lake Ontario though

If you can give me some clues on how to record off of squeezelite (never tried it) that would be great.

Fun conversation....

Jim
    I think I replied to your PM but it doesn't show up in my sent messages.
    To record I just installed Squeezeplay from
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...eplay/windows/
    Play JB Radio from Squeezeplay and record using Audacity or similar selecting Stereo Mix as the Recording Device.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

They are playing Yes - And You And I at the moment, that should be a good test

Ok, something is not right. I am not hearing what you are hearing. I may not recognize compression (not on all songs as you have noted), but I would know a quick fade out (on every song?), and I have not. I'll listen again today.

I would hate to have anyone be steered from this station by this conversation, rather people should listen with their own ears. I "defend" because it has always (along with RP 320 and FLAC) been a couple of the better sound quality stations in this work predominated with 128kbps stations. Regardless of whatever is happening or not happening, I still prefer it to 128kbps. I also "defend" because I have some "stubborn" in me (me stubborn?, nah...)

I should say at this point I don't use a streaming service (yet). Perhaps these would make internet stationed passÚ, and this defense moot. My Library and the flac and high bitrate stations are my quality sources.

I wonder if something is happening as the signal crosses the ocean . Now you have me inspired to dig into this a little more next week. I'll record the signal as it only has to travel from Toronto to Northern New York. It will have to cross Lake Ontario though

If you can give me some clues on how to record off of squeezelite (never tried it) that would be great.

Fun conversation....

Jim
    I sent "And You And I" via Dropbox. Dropbox make things very confusing. It is very hard to know of a file has been sent so you might get two of one of the files

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I sent "And You And I" via Dropbox.
    received, all set!

Jim

received, all set!

Jim
    Did you receive my reply to your PM regarding Audacity?

Quick update for fans of the flac streams from Českř rozhlas (Czech Radio)

I have just added D-dur (Classical) and Vltava (talk/cultural) to RadioNowPlaying 0.0.5j

They use a totally different way to show tracks on the classical station - but this now means that I can show the programme name which is what is usually needed for Vltava.
    Adding new stations from that broadcaster should now be easy.
    So I can get back to fixing / adding other things in the plugin (e.g. menu loses a station from the Radio Nova list).
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Quick update for fans of the flac streams from Českř rozhlas (Czech Radio)

I have just added D-dur (Classical) and Vltava (talk/cultural) to RadioNowPlaying 0.0.5j.
    I'm listening to the Jazz stream right now. It looks (and sounds) great. Thanks for developing your plugin to encompass this station. I let you know if I have any constructive comments, but assume all is well if you don't hear.
    Last edited by ian_heys; 2021-09-17 at 02:32.
    Music Store and VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Study Server: LMS 8.2.0 on Pi 4B pCp 8.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.2.0 on Pi 4B pCp 8.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Players: x2: pCp 8.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Player/ADC pCp 8.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ audio Codec +
    PC Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

Now added the Naim flac (and mp3 and aac) streams to the Radio Now Playing beta (0.0.5l).
    They still do not appear to have artist/track info in their flac stream so I have added it in via the plugin.

Naim info at https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...rom-Naim-Audio

Edit:
    also in this build I have exposed the stream preferences field that I added for the PlanetRadio (I think) plugin.
    So if you go into the settings* and put in
    flac,flc
    then you should see that for stations that stream in flac you will no longer have menu items offering MP3 etc which, in essence, cuts out 1 layer in the menu.
    My expectation though is that you would be adding the stream to a favourite once you have decided that you like a particular station so this is unlikely to be much of a real-world saving in clicks and might confuse someone who for one reason or another (maybe player in low bandwidth area) and the MP3 or AAC stream is wanted.

* Comma-separated ordered list of preferred stream types
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2021-09-20 at 02:06.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

I have just uploaded a new version (0.0.5m) of my beta RadioNowPlaying plugin

The only externally visible change is
    - For Radio Nova stations - show progress bar in programmes up to 4 hours long

Under the covers there is more of the scaffolding that I wanted to put in place to take broadcaster & station specific configuration information out of the plugin and move it to external configuration files.
    I am still not at the point where adding a new station can be done by simply adding a json configuration file - but in some limited cases it might be enough.

Onwards and upwards.
    Paul Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I have just uploaded a new version (0.0.5m) of my beta RadioNowPlaying plugin

The only externally visible change is
    - For Radio Nova stations - show progress bar in programmes up to 4 hours long

Under the covers there is more of the scaffolding that I wanted to put in place to take broadcaster & station specific configuration information out of the plugin and move it to external configuration files.
    I am still not at the point where adding a new station can be done by simply adding a json configuration file - but in some limited cases it might be enough.

Onwards and upwards.
    Keep going Paul.

I love listening to the Czech stations.
    Music Store and VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Study Server: LMS 8.2.0 on Pi 4B pCp 8.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player LMS 8.2.0 on Pi 4B pCp 8.0.0/IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Players: x2: pCp 8.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ Audio DAC+
    LAN Player/ADC pCp 8.0.0 on Pi 3B / IQ audio Codec +
    PC Players: x2: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone