Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Enjoy Radio Paradise? Like Lossless Internet Radio Streams? Read On...

Jukebox Radio 2 (JB Radio 2, or just JB Radio) https://jb-radio.net/

This was one of my favorite internet radio stations for more than 10 years. Very similar content to what Radio Paradise was years ago. By this I mean that I feel that RP has diverted some focus to world, new, and soundscape music. JB Radio 2 seems more focused (maybe on what I enjoy?) I liked it more than RP over time.

I liked it because it was 320kbps mp3, no commercials, and no talking. Nothing but one song after another. they also go into "themes" where a few consecutive songs will be of similar genre or theme. Quite often you get those "I haven't heard this song in years" or "who is this?" Example - yesterday - Climax Blues Band playing a cover of Spoonful.

At some time last year they said "goodbye". I was bummed. I recently found that they have come back to life!. I have listen for a few days and everything seems the same.

Bonus - they have a FLAC stream! https://www.hiresaudio.online/jb-radio-2/ Unfortunately at this time there is no metadata/image. There are other streams on their website, but I use the tunein stream for general listening as it is 320kbps mp3, and has song information/artwork (so I can get the answer to "who is this?" at a glance).

If you like RP, give it a spin, let me know what you think. If you don't like it at first, give it some time. It really grew on me over time.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Jukebox Radio 2 (JB Radio 2, or just JB Radio) https://jb-radio.net/

This was one of my favorite internet radio stations for more than 10 years. Very similar content to what Radio Paradise was years ago. By this I mean that I feel that RP has diverted some focus to world, new, and soundscape music. JB Radio 2 seems more focused (maybe on what I enjoy?) I liked it more than RP over time.

I liked it because it was 320kbps mp3, no commercials, and no talking. Nothing but one song after another. they also go into "themes" where a few consecutive songs will be of similar genre or theme. Quite often you get those "I haven't heard this song in years" or "who is this?" Example - yesterday - Climax Blues Band playing a cover of Spoonful.

At some time last year they said "goodbye". I was bummed. I recently found that they have come back to life!. I have listen for a few days and everything seems the same.

Bonus - they have a FLAC stream! https://www.hiresaudio.online/jb-radio-2/ Unfortunately at this time there is no metadata/image. There are other streams on their website, but I use the tunein stream for general listening as it is 320kbps mp3, and has song information/artwork (so I can get the answer to "who is this?" at a glance).

If you like RP, give it a spin, let me know what you think. If you don't like it at first, give it some time. It really grew on me over time.

Jim
    Just tried it, first impression was it is very loud even compared to other radio stations.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Just tried the FLAC stream - plays one track when it ends it crashes the RPi, need to reboot. Happened on 3 consecutive tracks.
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

@Redrum

Thanks Jim

I used to listen quite a lot (I found the Opus to be more reliable than the flac)

will listen some

ronnie

@slarti - the gain is up there, similar to RP I find. d6jg (jim's) Juke Radio's gain is quite low in comparison

@ktp - sorry, I tried the FLAC for just one song, I usually listen to the 320kbps. I do alot of non critical listening, like on a radio. Per the second link in my post it looks like the FLAC might be in development? I'll try the FLAC today.

Hang in there, it's worth it IMO...

Jim

@slarti - the gain is up there, similar to RP I find. d6jg (jim's) Juke Radio's gain is quite low in comparison

@ktp - sorry, I tried the FLAC for just one song, I usually listen to the 320kbps. I do alot of non critical listening, like on a radio. Per the second link in my post it looks like the FLAC might be in development? I'll try the FLAC today.

Jim
    No worries.

Tried the flac stream again, same crash at the end of the track, player kicked of the network.

Mp3 stream seems okay.
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    No worries.

Tried the flac stream again, same crash at the end of the track, player kicked of the network.

Mp3 stream seems okay.
    yup, flac stream one song - rebuffering 0%, frozen, go back, play again - one song, rebuffering 0%...sigh...

guess it's a work in progress...

Jim

yup, flac stream one song - rebuffering 0%, frozen, go back, play again - one song, rebuffering 0%...sigh...

guess it's a work in progress...

Jim
    same with aac stream here.... seems only mp3 is working... well... no!

Quote Originally Posted by mamema View Post
    same with aac stream here.... seems only mp3 is working... well... no!
    aac stream works ok for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Jim
    The waveform looks brickwalled compared to Radio Paradise. The first half of this waveform is Janis Joplin from JB Radio, the second half is Peter Gabriel Solsbury Hill from Radio Paradise.
    Attached Images Attached Images