Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Mesh network issues?

Hi,

I assume this is just a case of networking on the Duet box (not the handset part) and also the Boom being somewhat old, but I'm having issues connecting both a Boom and a Duet to a Wireless Mesh network I have.

As a result I end up either using wired, or leaving my old wireless router on solely to support these devices.

My legacy wireless which has no issues is :

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  80.6 KB

And my newer Mesh wireless is a TP-Link Deco S4 (https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-netw...specifications) IEEE 802.11n/b/g 2.4 GHz & WPA2-Personal, so on the face of it should be compatible.

2.4Ghz is definitely being served by the Mesh, and no other device I have has had issues connecting, just these two Squeezebox devices (perhaps worth noting I also have multiple SqueezeAmp which connect fine).

When I try to connect both the Boom and the Duet see the network, I am able to select and enter the correct credentials, it's just that they aren't able to complete the connection.

So I do assume this is just some issue likely related to the wireless chip on these devices being somewhat old but I guess I'm wondering if this is a known thing, do we know specifics, and does anyone know of any workarounds?
    Last edited by Prime Heretic; 2021-09-12 at 12:32.

One thing I would try is changing to a dedicated channel rather than Auto. I also have a mesh router with zero nodes, just a single router which is sufficient for my house. In the past I tried the auto channel and my Duet receiver for whatever reason had trouble. I now use control channel 11, extension channel - below and bandwidth 40MHz. This works just fine for both my Duet receiver and Boom. My router is an ASUS AX86U, but the interface looks just like what you've posted as I guess they both use OpenWRT based firmware.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.2.0 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.2.0 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)