Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Duet Receiver only found after power up

I have a Squeezebox Touch and Duet Receiver. At some point in time - can't remember when - the Duet Receiver could only be found by LMS when it was powered on and off again. LMS has no issue finding the Touch. Obviously this is a bit irritating. Any thoughts appreciated.

I wondered if it this is a network config issue. The Receiver connects via WiFi to a WiFi router. The LMS server has a fixed LAN connection to the same router. Seems fairly straightforward. My Squeezebox Touch is on another LAN segment connected via my gateway router.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1578996832 @ Tue Jan 14 12:15:02 CET 2020

Quote Originally Posted by aapthorp View Post
    I have a Squeezebox Touch and Duet Receiver. At some point in time - can't remember when - the Duet Receiver could only be found by LMS when it was powered on and off again. LMS has no issue finding the Touch. Obviously this is a bit irritating. Any thoughts appreciated.

I wondered if it this is a network config issue. The Receiver connects via WiFi to a WiFi router. The LMS server has a fixed LAN connection to the same router. Seems fairly straightforward. My Squeezebox Touch is on another LAN segment connected via my gateway router.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1578996832 @ Tue Jan 14 12:15:02 CET 2020
    Duet receivers are quite old, and the power supplies tend to fail over time. They "seem to work" but fail under load. There are numerous threads where this solved the problem, especially for the receivers. It's cheap, and if it isn't the problem, it will be soon

Other than power supplies, my issues with receivers have always been wifi related. My experience is they are the most finicky (maybe even poorest) of all the sb devices. There are threads where people have opened the case, moved the antenna, added antennas, etc. You could temp try ethernet, or make sure you have a strong signal (settings->advanced->player <or something like that..> and make sure you are say 70% or higher)

Also, whenever I have an issue with my receivers hanging, I do a factory reset of both the receiver (press and hold power button until fast red flash) AND controller (power off, hold '+', then press and hold power until lights flash, release) together.

Jim